Missing data

  • pelot@ovi.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 9, 2012
      Hi,
      when I start my PC I have seen sometimes a problem when WUHU can not upload data from my console even its available there. I have confiqured my console to collect data 1 hour interval when PC is turned off.
      When I see this issue and close WUHU, I start Heavy Weather sw and data is uploaded & storaged correct way to history.dat file.
      My question:
      is there any possibilites to download this history.dat file to WUHU system with some tool etc. ?
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 9, 2012
        What model is your weather station?

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
          model is Technoline WS 2350.

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
            Only data that is older than the last data received from the console is retrieved from the console memory. You can determine this by charting the data when the station has stopped communicating before restarting.

            If you are using a USB to serial adapter, try installing a real serial port, assuming you are not using a laptop.

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
              I'm using USB serial adapter because of Laptop :) (not good idea, but need to use)
              can this usb serial driver potential issue been reason if Heavy Weather sw can read all data?

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
                I would guess that it is the serial adapter and or driver for it that is causing the problems.

                The IOGear USB to serial adapter is the best one that I have found.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pelot@..." <pelot@...> wrote:

                > I'm using USB serial adapter because of Laptop :) (not good idea, but need to use)
                > can this usb serial driver potential issue been reason if Heavy Weather sw can read all data?

                > > Only data that is older than the last data received from the console is retrieved from the console memory. You can determine this by charting the data when the station has stopped communicating before restarting.
                > >
                > > If you are using a USB to serial adapter, try installing a real serial port, assuming you are not using a laptop.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pelot@" <pelot@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > model is Technoline WS 2350.

              • Mike Derryberry
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
                  Can anyone tell me why my weather station is not showing up on
                  Wunderground today? It's been there and working great. It is station id
                  KCABAKER28.

                  Thanks,
                  Mike

                  --
                  miked911@...
                  Mike Derryberry

                  Dispatcher II
                  Kern County Sheriff's Department
                  Bakersfield, CA

                  Listen to my department:
                  http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                  Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                  http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                  Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                  http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
                • Sander Pool
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 11, 2012
                    Hi,

                    I noticed mine is gone too. The station history is still there but it's
                    no longer shown on the map. It's like it's banished. Station KCTRIDGE4.
                    A few weeks ago I added CWOP uploads, I wonder if it's related.

                    Sander W1SOP
                  • Mike Derryberry
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 11, 2012
                      On 8/11/2012 4:56 PM, Sander Pool wrote:
                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > I noticed mine is gone too. The station history is still there but it's
                      > no longer shown on the map. It's like it's banished. Station KCTRIDGE4.
                      > A few weeks ago I added CWOP uploads, I wonder if it's related.
                      >
                      > Sander W1SOP

                      Just checked mine again and it's back. I just moved everything over to a
                      new computer running Windows 7 and thought maybe that was the problem,
                      but it's back just like it's supposed to be.

                      Oh, well .. at least it's back :-)

                      Mike

                      --
                      miked911@...
                      Mike Derryberry

                      Dispatcher II
                      Kern County Sheriff's Department
                      Bakersfield, CA

                      Listen to my department:
                      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                      Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                      Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
                    • John Celenza
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
                        Hi Mike,

                        For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

                        Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

                        I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

                        Thanks,
                        John

                        logo
                        John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
                        Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
                        www.wunderground.com

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
                          On 8/13/2012 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:
                          Hi Mike,

                          For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

                          Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

                          I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

                          Thanks,
                          John

                          logo
                          John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
                          Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
                          www.wunderground.com

                          Hi  John ..

                          My temp sensor is on the patio completely covered and surrounded by trees. Yes, it is usually hotter here than most of the other readings around town. I have a total of 3 thermometers on the patio and all run about the same temp, usually within a degree of each other. It's about 18 inches from the roof and gets lots of air circulation.

                          And you are so right .. it's hot and humid!

                          Thanks for your feedback and reply. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

                          Take care,
                          Mike
                          --
                          miked911@...
                          Mike Derryberry

                          Dispatcher II
                          Kern County Sheriff's Department
                          Bakersfield, CA

                          Listen to my department:
                          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                          Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                          Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
                        • Bob Tyszka
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
                            On 8/13/12 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:

                            Hi Mike,

                            For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

                            Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

                            I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

                            Thanks,
                            John

                            And I was driving through the Sequoia National Monument (Trail of the 100 Giants), Down to Ca. Hot Springs, dinner in Bakersfield then home!  Light rain and thunder on the 100 Trail, turned around and headed for the car.  Us desert rats melt in the rain.  Also we were not too comfortable standing next to those big lighting rods.

                            Bob Tyszka
                            California City, CA
                            CW9012 / KCACALIF5

                            Click
for California City, California Forecast

                          • John Celenza

                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 14, 2012
                                I checked my laptop HP Pavilion settings and drivers etc. and finally reason might be found (as I have not seen any communication problems after updates)
                                I updated my nVidia nForce Chipset driver (sp36079)

                                before that update there was a lot of this kind of messages :
                                :Sun Aug 12 21:01:19 2012 > Detected consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
                                Sun Aug 12 21:01:29 2012 > Attempting to re-open port COM4.
                                Sun Aug 12 21:01:29 2012 > Port COM4 re-opened successfully, attempting to resume communications.
                                Sun Aug 12 21:01:33 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.

                                Thank you for your support Wuhu Team!

                                Lähetetty: perjantai 10.elokuuta 2012 23.17
                                Aihe: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Missing data