Re: OpenWeather

  • marcelcanine
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012
      Well as it appears to be a Russian site they probably don't really care too much about USA stations.

      They appear to only be pulling CWOP stations that are close to towns or cities on that show data. Stations in the middle of no where are not shown.

      The map is for sure at leaast 10 years out of date. The airfields that it shows are really funny. Some of them have not existed for at least 30 years. I own the land that one is shown as an interntaional airport. The last time that might have been an international airport was WWII when it was a training base for female ferry piolots. The DEA plowed it under 30 years ago there are houses where most of the runways were.

      > Yes it's got my CWOP too.
      >
      > I looked at it and also didn't care for not being able to choose C or F. I
      > also noticed one of the main streets in the San Fernando valley that I live
      > near doesn't show as going all the way from the 101 to the 118 which it
      > does. I tend to lose all hope for a site that doesn't even bother to get
      > accurate maps.
      >
      > If you are interested it's Winnetka and it's a fairly main street in the
      > valley.
      >
      > Don
      >
      > On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM, John Liss <john@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > They must be turning blocks on.
      > > Mine doesn't show up, and I post to CWOP.
      > >
      > > Interesting...
      > >

      > > On 8/3/2012 3:09 PM, wuhu_software wrote:
      > > > They are pulling CWOP data somehow as my CW3313 station is showing up
      > > there.
      > > >
      > > > This is interesting because CWOP does not allow pulling their data
      > > without permission. Perhaps they have a deal of some kind.
      > > >

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander_pool@>

      > > > WUHU Download page:
      > > >

      > --
      > making something that doesn't suck.

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012
        Interesting. For my area it shows a location on the toll road. WU doesn't have this data showing for my area. But, if you click on Portage, IN you get my station (KINPORTA54) on WU. The site is maintained by the toll road and there isn't a feed from it to other site that I could find. With the toll road redirecting to my site for added data, it doesn't appear it is setup to have its data disseminated. They certainly don't hide the data but it isn't a standard source and it would seem they like it that way.

        https://www.getizoom.com/weather/weather001.htm

        P.S. The toll road was leased to a foreign holding company for big bucks and it is not state controlled.