Hot one today...

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
      Apparent temperature is 107.5F here in S.E. Michigan, pretty miserable out there.
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
        I'll see your 107 and raise you. :)

        Top Heat Index was 122. Current: 112 Yesterday actual 105.9

        Isn't it fun being part of all these new records? We are so privileged!

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
          I certainly feel privileged to have power and A/C over the past few days. Was out camping and it was down right miserable at night.

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
            Wow, Heath! Camping over the fourth took commitment. I guess there are less complimentary descriptions one might apply. But I'll stick with commitment. :) Hope it was on a body of water. Must have been or you'd complain about more than the nights.

            It is 102 for the moment, here. (KINPORTA5) The Dew point is a whopping 80. That'd stuck to the mid 70's most of the week. That puts the heat index at a new record (here) of 125. And that isn't the highest for this area. (127) Things are still climbing.

            I used to camp just up the road from you a piece. (Baldwin) But that was in a travel trailer with A/C. I am guess the national forest there is posted for fire hazards. It has been really dry here. Haven't mowed in two months.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
              Yeah, it is very dry here as well. The grass went dormant a good 6 weeks ago. It is a bit of a tinder box and we could really use the rain.

              It looks like a bad year for corn too. During my trip I noticed that the corn was just about 2 foot high.

              > Wow, Heath! Camping over the fourth took commitment. I guess there are less complimentary descriptions one might apply. But I'll stick with commitment. :) Hope it was on a body of water. Must have been or you'd complain about more than the nights.
              >
              > It is 102 for the moment, here. (KINPORTA5) The Dew point is a whopping 80. That'd stuck to the mid 70's most of the week. That puts the heat index at a new record (here) of 125. And that isn't the highest for this area. (127) Things are still climbing.
              >
              > I used to camp just up the road from you a piece. (Baldwin) But that was in a travel trailer with A/C. I am guess the national forest there is posted for fire hazards. It has been really dry here. Haven't mowed in two months.

              > > I certainly feel privileged to have power and A/C over the past few days. Was out camping and it was down right miserable at night.
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <yahoo@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I'll see your 107 and raise you. :)
              > > >
              > > > Top Heat Index was 122. Current: 112 Yesterday actual 105.9
              > > >
              > > > Isn't it fun being part of all these new records? We are so privileged!

            • Bob Tyszka
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                    Anyone want to come out to the desert and cool off?  Only 99 and 13% humidity.

                It has been a cool summer so far, finally hit triple digits today.

                Bob Tyszka
                California City, CA

                On 7/6/12 8:58 AM, Ken wrote:

                I'll see your 107 and raise you. :)

                Top Heat Index was 122. Current: 112 Yesterday actual 105.9

                Isn't it fun being part of all these new records? We are so privileged!

                > Apparent temperature is 107.5F here in S.E. Michigan, pretty miserable out there.

              • Angel Figueroa
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                  98 Deg. And 89% humidity in Woodstock, GA.
                  Come on down!!!

                  Sent from my iPhone 4S

                  On 7/6/12 8:58 AM, Ken wrote:

                  I'll see your 107 and raise you. :)

                  Top Heat Index was 122. Current: 112 Yesterday actual 105.9

                  Isn't it fun being part of all these new records? We are so privileged!

                  > Apparent temperature is 107.5F here in S.E. Michigan, pretty miserable out there.

                  =
                • Shawn Parker
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                    100.3 °F for the high here today. Hottest temp I've recorded since
                    getting a weather station 4 years ago.

                    On 7/6/2012 7:41 PM, Angel Figueroa wrote:
                    > 98 Deg. And 89% humidity in Woodstock, GA.
                    > Come on down!!!
                    >
                    > Sent from my iPhone 4S
                    >
                    > On Jul 6, 2012, at 7:39 PM, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...
                    > <mailto:baluncru@...>> wrote:
                    >
                    >> Anyone want to come out to the desert and cool off? Only 99 and
                    >> 13% humidity.
                    >>
                    >> It has been a cool summer so far, finally hit triple digits today.
                    >>
                    >> Bob Tyszka
                    >> California City, CA
                    >>

                    >> On 7/6/12 8:58 AM, Ken wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> I'll see your 107 and raise you. :)
                    >>>
                    >>> Top Heat Index was 122. Current: 112 Yesterday actual 105.9
                    >>>
                    >>> Isn't it fun being part of all these new records? We are so privileged!
                    >>>
                    >>> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                    >>> <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "wuhu_software"

                    >>> miserable out there.
                    >>> >

                    > =

                  • Angel Figueroa
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                      We had  108 Deg. about a week ago in GA.

                      Sent from my iPhone 4S

                      =
                    • jimnbarbie@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                        103.6 in Owensboro, KY today
                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        From: Angel Figueroa <angelfigueroa1@...>
                        Sender: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 19:45:15 -0400
                        To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
                        ReplyTo: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                        Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Hot one today...

                        We had  108 Deg. about a week ago in GA.

                        Sent from my iPhone 4S

                        On Jul 6, 2012, at 7:43 PM, Shawn Parker <sdparker1976@...> wrote:

                        100.3 °F for the high here today. Hottest temp I've recorded since
                        getting a weather station 4 years ago.

                        On 7/6/2012 7:41 PM, Angel Figueroa wrote:
                        > 98 Deg. And 89% humidity in Woodstock, GA.
                        > Come on down!!!
                        >
                        > Sent from my iPhone 4S
                        >
                        > On Jul 6, 2012, at 7:39 PM, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...
                        > <mailto:baluncru@...>> wrote:
                        >
                        >> Anyone want to come out to the desert and cool off? Only 99 and
                        >> 13% humidity.
                        >>
                        >> It has been a cool summer so far, finally hit triple digits today.
                        >>
                        >> Bob Tyszka
                        >> California City, CA
                        >>

                        >> On 7/6/12 8:58 AM, Ken wrote:
                        >>
                        >>> I'll see your 107 and raise you. :)
                        >>>
                        >>> Top Heat Index was 122. Current: 112 Yesterday actual 105.9
                        >>>
                        >>> Isn't it fun being part of all these new records? We are so privileged!
                        >>>
                        >>> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                        >>> <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "wuhu_software"

                        >>> miserable out there.
                        >>> >

                        > =

                        =
                      • Don Lafferty
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                          It got up to 73.4 in Torrance, CA where I work.  My house got considerably warmer at 89.1.

                          This is one (about the only one) reason to live in Los Angeles.  Everything else here sucks pretty much.

                          ;)

                          Don

                          On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM, <jimnbarbie@...> wrote:

                          103.6 in Owensboro, KY today

                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: Angel Figueroa <angelfigueroa1@...>
                          Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 19:45:15 -0400

                          We had  108 Deg. about a week ago in GA.

                          Sent from my iPhone 4S

                          On Jul 6, 2012, at 7:43 PM, Shawn Parker <sdparker1976@...> wrote:

                          100.3 °F for the high here today. Hottest temp I've recorded since
                          getting a weather station 4 years ago.

                          On 7/6/2012 7:41 PM, Angel Figueroa wrote:
                          > 98 Deg. And 89% humidity in Woodstock, GA.
                          > Come on down!!!
                          >
                          > Sent from my iPhone 4S
                          >
                          > On Jul 6, 2012, at 7:39 PM, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...
                          > <mailto:baluncru@...>> wrote:
                          >
                          >> Anyone want to come out to the desert and cool off? Only 99 and
                          >> 13% humidity.
                          >>
                          >> It has been a cool summer so far, finally hit triple digits today.
                          >>
                          >> Bob Tyszka
                          >> California City, CA
                          >>

                          >> On 7/6/12 8:58 AM, Ken wrote:
                          >>
                          >>> I'll see your 107 and raise you. :)
                          >>>
                          >>> Top Heat Index was 122. Current: 112 Yesterday actual 105.9
                          >>>
                          >>> Isn't it fun being part of all these new records? We are so privileged!
                          >>>
                          >>> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                          >>> <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "wuhu_software"

                          >>> miserable out there.
                          >>> >

                          > =

                          =

                        • fish_water_black
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 6, 2012
                            Today it was 109*F here on the SW side of lower MI, about 13 miles east of Lake Michigan. Humidity was 56%, highest dew point measurement was 81.2*F and the highest heat index reading was 134*F - Extreme Danger. Lawn is mostly brown other than some green by the septic tank and drain field. Trees are starting to show yellow leaves and I run the blower to keep the dead leaves far away from the house and outbuildings. It's been 19 days since we got any measurable rainfall.

                            > Apparent temperature is 107.5F here in S.E. Michigan, pretty miserable out there.

                          • Edith
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 7, 2012
                              I'm feeling a bit better about the 92.6 °F we had on the 5th here in Rockland County, NY, although it is supposed to get hotter today. They are also forecasting thunderstorms...

                              When posting, please include where you are. Thanks!
                              Edith
                              CW5985
                              soon to be coming down and moving to the east side of Columbus, OH somewhere...