Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Weather Underground acquired by The Weather Channel

  • John Celenza
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2012
      Thank you Bob.

      I will do everything I can to make this work out. This is my dream job, after all :-)

      -John

      logo
      John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
      Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
      www.wunderground.com

      On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...> wrote:
      On 7/3/12 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:

      Good point.

      As you say, if Wunderground.com changes and alienates its audience, _everyone_ loses including weather.com. So, that gives me confidence that Wunderground.com technology and innovation along with its audience are here to stay.

      logo
      John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
      Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
      www.wunderground.com

      John;

          I hope you are right, however the recent Weather Channel history is what makes some of skeptical.  When I first signed on to weather Underground, through WUHU, my data was displayed on Weather.com by Weather Bonk,  that went away.  Then the number of changes in the on air personnalities including at least one law suit.  Then there is the drop in programming quality.  The Weather Channel has gone from analyzing the weather to sensastionalizing the weather, they are not as informative as they were before NBC bought them.
          I hope that they do continue to use Weather Underground, but I have my fingers crossed.

      Anyway, Thanks for the fine work you do, I'm proud to be a data provider to weather Underground.

      --

      Bob Tyszka
      California City, CA

      Click
for California City, California Forecast

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 4, 2012
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Celenza <john.celenza@...> wrote:

        > Thank you Bob.
        >
        > I will do everything I can to make this work out. This is my dream job,
        > after all :-)

        With the new front moving in, lets hope it isn't a wet one.
      • Edith
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 5, 2012
          My wish is that the graphs b3ecome "clickable" - I have always wanted to be able to see them in a larger mode and maybe even see just parts of them - like just 1 or 2 hours worth instead of the whole 24 hours. They are so small on my computer that they are close to a waste.
          Edith
          CW5985
          for now... coming down sometime during the next week and moving somewhere in Ohio...

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 5, 2012
            You can use Control Plus on most browser to expand/zoom most things. Control Minus will reduce size.
          • John Celenza

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 5, 2012
                Thanks....When my Grandaughter fools around with our laptop I sometimes end up with the screen font too large. Always took a while to fix it and wondered how she did it......now I know.