WUHU-Tweet Hashtags?

  • scarabdrowner
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2012
      Hi there.

      I just attempted to add a #COwx hashtag to my WUHU-Tweet action, but it didn't work. With the hashtag included, the tweet would not send. Without it, it sends properly. I think the "#" is disliked by either WUHU or WUHU-Tweet.

      Any confirmations of this bug? Workarounds? I'd to try use the ascii or unicode codes to see if that will work instead, but I'm not sure quite how to use them in an action.
    • Don Lafferty

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2012
            Odd. Here is the line I was trying to use that didn't post:

            WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM% • Temp (d=0)%[hourly_averages]average_outdoor_temperature_deg_F%F • Hum (d=0)%[hourly_averages]average_outdoor_humidity%%% • Pres %[hourly_averages]average_outdoor_relative_pressure_inhg% inHg and %[hourly_rates_of_change]outdoor_relative_pressure_trend% • Wind %[hourly_averages]average_outdoor_wind_direction_letters% @ (d=0)%[hourly_averages]average_outdoor_wind_speed_mph% MPH, Gusting to (d=0)%OutdoorWindGustSpeedMPH% MPH • %OutdoorRain24HrIN%" Rain last 24hrs • #COwx"

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2012
              Did you count the number of characters before you add that?  Remember the 140 character limit.

              If it's less than 140 then I don't know what could be the problem.  did you try just a #?

              Don

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 2, 2012
                Yep, I checked the character count. If all numbers were in the 100's (only likely for temps), I'd still have 9 characters left to use, after adding the " • #COwx".

                I have not yet tried just a "#" by itself yet, no.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 2, 2012
                  It's working now, for some reason. I don't know what's different between this time and the previous.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 2, 2012
                    Great!  Glad to hear it.  I was hoping I didn't have to brush off  my code.  ;)

                    Don