Re: Multiple weather stations with WUHU software

  • GW
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2012
      Make sure each instance of the software has the correct port to look for. I currently have one station going into the serial port, and two other stations into two usb ports. The three instances of the program each have the specific port entered. If not, they'll all try to get info from one station, and that doesn't work.

      > This is not a problem. Just install multiple copies. In the installer it will ask you where to install, like C:\Program Files\WUHU. When you install the 2nd copy, install to C:\Program Files\WUHU2.
      >
      > The only caveat is that when the installer runs, it will overwrite the shortcut in the Startup folder. Just add shortcuts to all copies of the WUHU.exe in each folder.
      >
      > Let me know if you have any issues.
      >
      > By the way, how is it that you have 5 stations all connected to one PC? Some remote communication channels or something?
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "playahata321" <playahata321@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, I collect weather data from several Campbell Scientific weather stations. I currently have the WUHU software taking one station's data and posting it to weatherunderground.com. Is there a way to do more than one station with the WUHU on one computer? In theory, I have 5 stations and their data which I want WUHU to ingest on my computer, then post to weather underground.com. It seems to me that you can only have one station with it and I'm not sure if you can have multiple WUHU programs running on one computer for several stations. ANy ideas???
      > >

      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Matt

    • playahata321
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2012
        I actually poll about 300 stations every hr or 15min using Campbell Scientific software called Loggernet, so I was going to have the WUHU look at that station's export file I collect locally. We had a version of WUHU made for Campbell Scientific stations.

        Thanks for all the input.