Re: [wuhu_software_group] lacrosse wuhu upload

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
      You use the same WUHU for both Serial and history file.  You just select the file instead of Serial under Setup.

      Don

      On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@...> wrote:

      Have you tried to check "disable wind sensor" in the tweaks screen of Wuhu?

      On 2012-04-12 15:17, don_wa5ngp wrote:

      I posted this over in the lacrosse group but I got no responses.

      I had been using the dirct wuhu.exe version with my 2317. However, since the wind quit working wuhu reports commo and data errors. I would at least like to get the rain results uploaded.

      When I run Heavy Weather everything works fine except of course no wind. Before to upload the data I used a different wuhu app that looked at the history.dat and just copied that data up to wonderground. I am hoping that app will work, however, I can't find it. Can someone point me to it or tell me how to fix wuhu.exe so that no wind readings don't bother it?

      tks
      Don

      _

    • craigoneil
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
        I have a WS2355.

        When my wind sensor died I ticked "disable wind sensor". This worked with live readings and postings, but WUHU was still spotting bad weather data when doing a console history read, and therefore not posting any data from those records.

        I found that I needed to also tick "do not post rejected wind speed reading to the log" to get WUHU to ignore bad wind data on a console history read.

        Not sure if that's your situation, but hope this helps, Craig.

        > You use the same WUHU for both Serial and history file. You just select
        > the file instead of Serial under Setup.
        >
        > Don
        >
        > On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM, David Lipper
        > <glenvilleweather@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Have you tried to check "disable wind sensor" in the tweaks screen of Wuhu?
        > >

        > > On 2012-04-12 15:17, don_wa5ngp wrote:
        > >

        > > I posted this over in the lacrosse group but I got no responses.
        > >
        > > I had been using the dirct wuhu.exe version with my 2317. However, since
        > > the wind quit working wuhu reports commo and data errors. I would at least
        > > like to get the rain results uploaded.
        > >
        > > When I run Heavy Weather everything works fine except of course no wind.
        > > Before to upload the data I used a different wuhu app that looked at the
        > > history.dat and just copied that data up to wonderground. I am hoping that
        > > app will work, however, I can't find it. Can someone point me to it or tell
        > > me how to fix wuhu.exe so that no wind readings don't bother it?
        > >
        > > tks
        > > Don
        > >
        > > _
        > >

        > --
        > making something that doesn't suck.

      • don_wa5ngp
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
          tks for that feedback. I'm sure I've got the same issue.

          where you tick "do not post ..." is that in wuhu or heavy weather?

          After you did that were you able to go back to direct reading of the rs232 port?

          Don

          Don

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 13, 2012
            Hi Don,

            Both settings are in the WUHU tweak screen.

            I've only ever used the direct port method, the only thing I use HW for is to change the the console's history period.

            Craig.