Re: [wuhu_software_group] better wind measurement

  • chris
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2012
      Hi Pierre:  One of the reasons I stopped using the WS23xx in favor of the Davis was wind measurement as it was always way out of sync with the local weather service.  I used the WS2310 for about 3 years before buying my Davis unit, and since then wished I had done that long before.  I was constantly buying replacement parts for the WS – in fact I bought 3 entire systems because I could buy them cheaper than the individual parts and have the parts available when needed.   Unfortunately, the less expensive instruments are not as accurate or reliable as the more expensive ones, in addition to being technologically inferior.  That being said, I never looked into reprogramming the console to increase sample rate, but I suspect that it decrease battery life substantially in non-wired units (I know you said yours was wired).  Since buying the Davis station, I have only had the cost of upgrades as I got the solar measurement sensors to add to the basic unit.  Well worth it to just get a professional grade unit.

      Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 1:24 PM
      Subject: [wuhu_software_group] better wind measurement

      hello,
      Just a question: should it be possible to have (like Davis)a wind measurement each 7 secondes (for my example with a wired WS23xx) and each 2 minutes (or any good interval depending on weather station sampling) for the rest (temp, hum, etc..) thanks to WUHU ?

      Thanks for your answer !
      Pierre

    • pierre.casal
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
        Hello Chris, I was pretty sure of your answer before reading it. I'm not surprised and understand clearly the difference between the WS unit and the Davis unit. As you preceded me, my concern is wind measurement; now I know that the solution is Davis.
        Thanks again for your software!
        Pierre

      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
          Don't overlook using an Inspeed Vortex wind speed unit with your WS**
          Steve