Davis usb to serial adapter

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2012
      Recently, my started to fail on startup. I have to remove and replace the USB cable to make it work. Anyone have this issue? Any fixes?
      Thanks,
      Scott
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2012
        First, I'd bring up the device manager and look at the USB device when working and not working. Hopefully, that will provide a clue.

        If you have a newer computer with quite a few USB ports (more than 4) you have two controllers. You could try moving the cable to the other if that is happening.

        Tracing hardware problems for most of us without scopes and/or smarts is a problem. The only way we can do it reasonably well is using substitution. That what the previous paragraph was about. If that didn't help, do you have access to another computer? You could install on that and reboot. If it comes up normally, then your problem relates to the other unit.

        If that is the case, the first place to look is driver changes/corruption. MS can break something or change the way something operates with upgrades. The device driver is capable of removing and then reinstalling drivers and that is a repair possibility.

        If all of the above doesn't help, you should at least have better info to share with those here that might come up with a solution.