Re: [wuhu_software_group] Wind Speed reads 0 intermittently on my console

  • John Celenza
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2012
      Hi,

      I have a VantagePro also.

      And... I have the same problem with my 1 year old station.  My last VantagePro (which I used for 2 years) also failed with the same problem.

      The upshot is that Davis will refurbish the station for about $70, and they fix issues you didn't even know you had.

      My gut is that this failure has to do with moisture and shorting out. I removed the anemometer last time and hooked it up to a voltage meter to see if the anemometer was still "clicking" electronically while it rotated. That test passed, so the problem must have been with the box that all the sensors connect to.

      I feel your pain though!

      -John

      On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Dawn Beattie <Dawn_Beattie@...> wrote:

      fairly new to the group...reviewed earlier posts to see if this type of issue had already been addressed...not really...tried becoming a member of VantagePro Yahoo! group back in March, but was denied...

      have a Vantage Pro 2 that I've had for years...been successfully uploading weather data to Wunderground as well as my own site for some time...

      Recently, wind speed reads 0 intermittently on my console (works a few days, doesn't work a few days)...probably a tech support issue, as, although station is mounted on my roof, I can visually see the cups spinning like crazy (Central California Coast is having a large wind event)...so, probably not webs...

      Thoughts before I contact Davis??
      Dawn

      --
      ========================
      John Celenza

    • Dawn Beattie

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2012
          On 2012-04-05 19:11, Dawn Beattie wrote:

          question to all group members...are any of you members of the VantagePro Yahoo! group or have any of you tried to become a member?  Seems the right place for me to be, especially as a voyeur, but no go...

          Afraid not, but the WXStation Yahoo group may be worth exploring -- I see Davis discussions there occasionally.
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2012
            You might try over here:

            http://www.wxforum.net/

            There are many Davis users over there.