Re: Using the Campbell Scientific CR1000

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
      Is it possible to re-map the order of the data fields? My CR1000 has been in service for some time and I don't want to change the data tables in the datalogger. Can I just read the data fields with WUHU and assign them to the proper variables in my own software?

      My goal is to read the CR1000 .dat file and generate an XML file that I can ftp to my website.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
        It has been a long time since that was hard-coded to a specific field ordering.

        What are you attempting to do? Add new fields? If you can give more specifics I might be able to help.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <blkcat@...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to re-map the order of the data fields? My CR1000 has been in service for some time and I don't want to change the data tables in the datalogger. Can I just read the data fields with WUHU and assign them to the proper variables in my own software?
        >
        > My goal is to read the CR1000 .dat file and generate an XML file that I can ftp to my website.
        >
        > Thanks.

        > > Glad to hear it.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Alexander Gunkel <akgunkel@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I finally got around to reprogramming my CR1000 to comply with this, and it
        > > > works great! Thanks!

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
          I have a CR1000 based weather station, but the data table in the datalogger has the following order of variables, stored every 15 minutes in a .dat file (Campbell CSV).

          Avg Wind Speed
          Max Wind Speed
          wind speed vector
          wind direction vector
          avg solar kW
          total solar MJ
          avg Temp C
          avg RH
          Rain since 7/1
          Rain today

          I would like to use WUHU to read the .dat file every time it is updated and generate an XML file that is ftp'd to my website.

          It isn't practical to change the order of the variables in the data table, so I was wondering if I could just re-map the data at some point.

          Thanks for any help you might provide.