Re: Station replacement

  • joseph brothers
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 21, 2012
      I have a LaCrosse 2812U wireless and it works good and is reliable with minor drawbacks:
      I have had to reestablish comms between wind transmitter and outdoor receiver a few times in the last 14 months, and the procedure is such that I have to trot around between outdoor receiver, wind transmitter, and rain gage resetting all within some small time frame - not enjoyable when the rain and wind devices are up the hill (about 50 ft line-of-site). This may be complicated by the ton of other wireless junk I have (WiFi and X10 for starters).

      But I really like all the system and software capabilities.
    • ronw72
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 21, 2012
        Thanks all for the information.

        I have decided to keep the Lacrosse 2310 and just replace the wind sensor since one has come in on the Grate Big Outlet. I have been wanting to replace the old style with the new one with the cups.

        I thought it would be nice to get rid of all of the wires but maybe I'll wait until the whole station goes down for good.

        Thanks again for your input.

        Ron

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@...> wrote:

        > I have the old Lacrosse 2310 and my wind sensor has gone 10-7.
        >
        > I am looking to replace the whole station with a WS-2813U-IT Professional Weather Center
        >
        > Does anyone have any information on this station?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Ron

      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 21, 2012
          HA, I know what you mean Ron, Had my 2310 for many years now, I think now and again about replacing it, but hey, it has been a great weather station for me. I finally had to replace a rain bucket last year, glad I did instead of replacing the whole station.
          Steve

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@...> wrote:

          > Thanks all for the information.
          >
          > I have decided to keep the Lacrosse 2310 and just replace the wind sensor since one has come in on the Grate Big Outlet. I have been wanting to replace the old style with the new one with the cups.
          >
          > I thought it would be nice to get rid of all of the wires but maybe I'll wait until the whole station goes down for good.
          >
          > Thanks again for your input.
          >
          > Ron
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have the old Lacrosse 2310 and my wind sensor has gone 10-7.
          > >
          > > I am looking to replace the whole station with a WS-2813U-IT Professional Weather Center
          > >
          > > Does anyone have any information on this station?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Ron

        • ronw72
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 22, 2012
            Steve,

            I had been wanting to replace my wind sensor for a long time because I have to go up on the roof ever so often and remove the spider webs.

            $80 for the 2813 from Cosco is pretty cheap if I ever have to replace my 2310. I read a lot of reports on it, some good and some not so good.

            I should get my replace sensor in a few days.

            Ron

            wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@...> wrote:

            > HA, I know what you mean Ron, Had my 2310 for many years now, I think now and again about replacing it, but hey, it has been a great weather station for me. I finally had to replace a rain bucket last year, glad I did instead of replacing the whole station.
            > Steve
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Thanks all for the information.
            > >
            > > I have decided to keep the Lacrosse 2310 and just replace the wind sensor since one has come in on the Grate Big Outlet. I have been wanting to replace the old style with the new one with the cups.
            > >
            > > I thought it would be nice to get rid of all of the wires but maybe I'll wait until the whole station goes down for good.
            > >
            > > Thanks again for your input.
            > >
            > > Ron
            > >
            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have the old Lacrosse 2310 and my wind sensor has gone 10-7.
            > > >
            > > > I am looking to replace the whole station with a WS-2813U-IT Professional Weather Center
            > > >
            > > > Does anyone have any information on this station?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Ron

          • vaileed
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 22, 2012
              Hi all, my 2810 has been up and running for 13 months, KFLOAKHI2 Oak Hill FL, it's great, Ed

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@...> wrote:

              > Steve,
              >
              > I had been wanting to replace my wind sensor for a long time because I have to go up on the roof ever so often and remove the spider webs.
              >
              > $80 for the 2813 from Cosco is pretty cheap if I ever have to replace my 2310. I read a lot of reports on it, some good and some not so good.
              >
              > I should get my replace sensor in a few days.
              >
              > Ron
              >
              > wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
              > >
              > > HA, I know what you mean Ron, Had my 2310 for many years now, I think now and again about replacing it, but hey, it has been a great weather station for me. I finally had to replace a rain bucket last year, glad I did instead of replacing the whole station.
              > > Steve
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Thanks all for the information.
              > > >
              > > > I have decided to keep the Lacrosse 2310 and just replace the wind sensor since one has come in on the Grate Big Outlet. I have been wanting to replace the old style with the new one with the cups.
              > > >
              > > > I thought it would be nice to get rid of all of the wires but maybe I'll wait until the whole station goes down for good.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks again for your input.
              > > >
              > > > Ron

            • ronw72
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 7, 2014
                What is the cheapest weather station replacement for my Lacrosse 2310?  This lacrosse 2310 has worked pretty good for 8 years. but I think it is time for a replacement.  Maybe a wireless?

                Thanks,

                Ron

              • Larry Hines
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 7, 2014
                  I have that same Lacrosse and you are right. It has been great for me. I have replaced the hygrometer, rain gauge and wind sensor since I first purchased the console. I went all wireless and it is great.

                  On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM, 1rondee@... [wuhu_software_group] <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  What is the cheapest weather station replacement for my Lacrosse 2310?  This lacrosse 2310 has worked pretty good for 8 years. but I think it is time for a replacement.  Maybe a wireless?

                  Thanks,

                  Ron

                • Han Brouwer-Keij
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 7, 2014
                    Of course wireless.

                    http://www.myshopping.com.au/PT--247_Home_Accents_Weather_Stations__fs_67753_e__

                    On 7-7-2014 18:16, 1rondee@... [wuhu_software_group] wrote:

                    What is the cheapest weather station replacement for my Lacrosse 2310?  This lacrosse 2310 has worked pretty good for 8 years. but I think it is time for a replacement.  Maybe a wireless?

                    Thanks,

                    Ron

                    Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                    Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                    Versie: 2014.0.4716 / Virusdatabase: 3986/7812 - datum van uitgifte: 07/07/14

                    Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                    Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                    Versie: 2014.0.4716 / Virusdatabase: 3986/7812 - datum van uitgifte: 07/07/14

                  • Matti P Rekunen
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 7, 2014
                      Hi,

                      the new wireless version of LaCrosse products is WS-2810. Works very well.

                      Regards
                      Matti Rekunen
                      Finland (EU)
                      matti.rekunen@...