Re: Wind Speed Correction factor.

  • kathy.n.brian@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 21, 2012
      Momentary gust would be a no-brainer because it would be such a trivial addition to the HW software. Since WUHU already has an averaging algorithm in place it would probably be less work for you too. On the other hand, if reporting gust as an average over 10 minutes is any sort of standard or convention, it would make even more sense to do that in HW. I prefer the first simply because it's closer to the raw station data which is what everyone should really be after to do with as they please.

      I contacted LaCross Tech Support to request the change. At least they replied stating they would consider this IF they make an update to the software. Fingers crossed but it sounds unlikely it will happen anytime soon, if ever.

      I just hope they don't make the change to a version of the HW software that only works with the next generation of their weather stations. That would alienate many of the customers who purchased the wireless stations thru Costco. I think that's a pretty large number as they disappeared quickly off the shelves locally & I see them mounted all over the place now.