WS2310 and DST

  • KNHBRIST1
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2012
      I have had my Ws2310 for years.
      I rarely get the synced time and always just change in the console from DST time off and on.
      Today I went to change it and whether is shows on or off the time does not change.
      Anyone ever run into this?
      Maybe my old console is just getting tired after all these years of almost flawless service.
      I can always just change the time, but in th epast I have seen this to cause some time issues.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2012
        Steve,

        I believe the WS-2310 & WS-2315 were produced before the latest round of daylight saving time rule changes.

        If you add this line to the [General Settings] section in the WUHU Configuration.INI file the software will check and set the clock in the console to the correct time in UTC. Because the current daylight saving time rules are different from when the console was programmed at the factory, it will show the incorrect time on the display but the correct UTC time will be tracked.

        [General Settings]
        WS23XX Sync Console Clock=1

        > I have had my Ws2310 for years.
        > I rarely get the synced time and always just change in the console from DST time off and on.
        > Today I went to change it and whether is shows on or off the time does not change.
        > Anyone ever run into this?
        > Maybe my old console is just getting tired after all these years of almost flawless service.
        > I can always just change the time, but in th epast I have seen this to cause some time issues.
        > Steve

      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11, 2012
          Thanks I will give it a try.

          > Steve,
          >
          > I believe the WS-2310 & WS-2315 were produced before the latest round of daylight saving time rule changes.
          >
          > If you add this line to the [General Settings] section in the WUHU Configuration.INI file the software will check and set the clock in the console to the correct time in UTC. Because the current daylight saving time rules are different from when the console was programmed at the factory, it will show the incorrect time on the display but the correct UTC time will be tracked.
          >
          > [General Settings]
          > WS23XX Sync Console Clock=1
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have had my Ws2310 for years.
          > > I rarely get the synced time and always just change in the console from DST time off and on.
          > > Today I went to change it and whether is shows on or off the time does not change.
          > > Anyone ever run into this?
          > > Maybe my old console is just getting tired after all these years of almost flawless service.
          > > I can always just change the time, but in th epast I have seen this to cause some time issues.
          > > Steve

        • Bill Thompson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2012
            Have a question, what does this mean?

            Mon Mar 12 16:06:48 2012 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002ee2 (12002), ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT - WSA Socket Error 0x0000274c (10060).
            Mon Mar 12 16:08:18 2012 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002ee2 (12002), ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT - WSA Socket Error 0x0000274c (10060).
            Mon Mar 12 16:09:47 2012 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002ee2 (12002), ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT - WSA Socket Error 0x0000274c (10060).
            Mon Mar 12 16:11:17 2012 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002ee2 (12002), ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT - WSA Socket Error 0x0000274c (10060).
            Mon Mar 12 16:12:46 2012 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002ee2 (12002), ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT - WSA Socket Error 0x0000274c (10060).
            Mon Mar 12 16:14:16 2012 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002ee2 (12002), ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT - WSA Socket Error 0x0000274c (10060).
            Mon Mar 12 16:15:46 2012 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002ee2 (12002), ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT - WSA Socket Error 0x0000274c (10060).
            Mon Mar 12 16:17:15 2012 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002ee2 (12002), ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT - WSA Socket Error 0x0000274c (10060).

            I am still uploading and all mny sites are up to date.... I probably have something set wrong just don't know what

            Thanks I will give it a try.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2012
              You probably do not have anything set incorrectly. Could be a blip on the machine when it is scanning for viruses or something, could be something at your ISP or a temporary blip at the server. In general, unless these errors persist, I would not worry about it.