Re: Connection issue

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7 1:17 PM
      Look in the Hardware Manager and see how many serial ports are showing up. Perhaps the USB to serial adapter has shifted to a different COM port.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Bill Thompson <cantrell35@...> wrote:

      > Yes and No, I am running both when I try to transfer the data using
      > currdat.lst, however when I attempt to use the com port I close heavy
      > weather. This has always worked for me, I usually use it transferring the
      > data with the currdat.lst option. I have a serial to usb interface to
      > connect the display to the computer and all data on the display is valid,
      > It's not a battery issue since I am running the display on house current. I
      > have removed the serial port adapter and re installed it and it appears to
      > be working. I don't have anything else to plug into it to find out...very
      > puzzling to me , this was just a re install nothing changed
      >
      > On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Are you running both Heavyweather and WUHU? If so, only one can talk to
      > > the serial port at a time. Below it appears that WUHU is opening COM4, I am
      > > not sure if you intended that. If it is a WS-23XX you do not need
      > > Heavyweather but you need to shut it down to have WUHU use the port as it
      > > cannot be shared.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "cantrell352012" <cantrell35@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have recently had to format and re install windows. When I added the
      > > WUHU software and Heavy Weather software back I cannot get a connection to
      > > WUHU from Heavy weather using either the (currdat.lst) or the com port
      > > connection.
      > > >
      > > > I have removed both software's and re installed them, changed the
      > > batteries in the display unit a WS2310 have removed the drivers for the USB
      > > to serial converter and rebooted the system. I have no errors in the
      > > hardware manager, and the readings on the ws2310 display seem to be right.
      > > Below is a copy of the error log I receive when I try to use the COM port
      > > >

      > > > Tue Mar 06 08:37:47 2012 > WUHU monitoring stopped.
      > > > Tue Mar 06 08:37:50 2012 > WUHU monitoring started (WUHU21623XXSP).
      > > > Tue Mar 06 08:37:50 2012 > Weather Underground ID: KILBROCT2
      > > > Tue Mar 06 08:37:50 2012 > Opened serial port COM4 successfully.
      > > > Tue Mar 06 08:38:10 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
      > > retrieved from console.
      > > > Tue Mar 06 08:38:16 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
      > > retrieved from console.
      > > > Tue Mar 06 08:38:23 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data
      > > retrieved from console.
      > > > Tue Mar 06 08:38:30 2012 > WUHU monitoring stopped.
      > > >

      > > > When I use the Currdat.lst method I get the same error.,.
      > > >
      > > > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console
      > > >

      > > > Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have set this up many many times and
      > > have not had this kind of problem, any suggestions?

    • cantrell352012
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7 2:05 PM
        I have checked the coms in device manager. I moved the belkin usb to serial adapter to com 1 and then reset heavy weather to the same thing. I still have the same problem. It reports no connection or corrupt data from the... posted below

        Wed Mar 07 15:59:49 2012 > Monitoring file: "C:\HeavyWeather\currdat.lst".
        Wed Mar 07 15:59:49 2012 > Weather Underground ID: KILBROCT2
        Wed Mar 07 16:03:12 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
        Wed Mar 07 16:04:12 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
        Wed Mar 07 16:05:12 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7 2:19 PM
          additional information

          Wed Mar 07 16:17:33 2012 > WUHU monitoring started (WUHU21623XXSP).
          Wed Mar 07 16:17:33 2012 > Weather Underground ID: KILBROCT2
          Wed Mar 07 16:17:33 2012 > Attempted to start monitoring while serial port COM1 is still is use.
          Wed Mar 07 16:17:37 2012 > WUHU monitoring started (WUHU21623XXSP).
          Wed Mar 07 16:17:37 2012 > Weather Underground ID: KILBROCT2
          Wed Mar 07 16:17:37 2012 > Opened serial port COM1 successfully.
          Wed Mar 07 16:18:40 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.

        • Jaye Ellen Burke
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8 11:55 AM
            Like the man said, why not make it easy and just use the Direct Reporting without Heavy Weather?  Nice, simple, no confusion.  What is it that Heavy Weather is doing for you that WU is NOT doing ???  Just curious ... Communications with console problems are often just as simple as making sure both clocks are set to the same time --- being sure to observe the 24 hour clock protocols, or the correct AM - PM setting.  Good luck !!!

            Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2 Gallatin TN

          • Bill Thompson
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8 1:45 PM
              well I just re installed the wind speed direction sensor and it is working in the direct com mode. Not sure what that would have had to do with it but as long as it is working I am happy. Thank you to everyone for all the ideas and help.... Be safe

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 9 2:38 AM
                Just to let you know you cannot run the software with the wind sensor disconnected unless you disable the sensor under tweaks.

                If you see the "Communications error or invalid/corrupt data" check the "Show Console Com. Errors" in the log screen and it will give you more information in the log as to what the problem is.

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 9 2:58 AM
                  Thank you.....