Re: Lacrosse Anemometer Question

  • Dimitris
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4 9:01 AM
      Thank you Greg

      WUHU author is correct for wind direction it have 4 infrared photodiodes over pcb receiver,and one emmiting over to wind vane,when turn around the wind vane bettwen wind vane and pcb there is a round plastic with holes and it let the infrared emmiting to receiver at correct direction.

      Here show the 4 photodiodes
      http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/11/22/64/62/anemom11.jpg

      For wind speed at down side in the plastic it have a magnetic ring,when turn the proppele or cups,it give pulses at microcontroler ,many pulse fast speed,low pulse slow speed.

      You thing it work like Bicycle speed counter

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rObJK19vou8&feature=related

      sorry for my English i hope you understand me

      Best regards from Greece
      Dimitris