Re: WUHU average speed

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2012
      I should have added to that... Then look under the Averages column.

      > Do you just want to view it? To view, just go to the area under stats area, select 0 to 2 minutes then hit the Show button or wait for the next update from the station.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "vissar2" <vissar2g@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Please tell me that WUHU uses the standard 2 minute sustained wind NWS calculation in its average wind speed measurement...
      > > If not, is there any other way to obtain that speed?

    • vissar2
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2012
        What is the difference between "Current" Average Speed and "Averages" of Average Speed?

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2012
          The Ave. Speed under the current column does appear to be the average over the past 2 minutes.

          The numbers under the average column are relative to the time window that you specify at the bottom of the stats (hours or minutes).

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23, 2012
            If only it was that easy...
            Current Average Speed: 4.7 mph
            "Average" Average Speed: 4.1 mph
            I have seen a diff of >1 mph in the last few minutes.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2012
              If you want to compare the averages, you would compare the Ave. Speed under the current column with the Windpeed under the Averages column (not the average of the Ave. speed, that is average of average as you point out which is not really useful for anything). For the Windspeed under the Averages column to be correct, you need to have 2 minutes of time selected at the bottom of the stats . Be sure to hit the Show button to force an immediate update of the stats when you change the time range, otherwise the stats will not update until the next update from the console.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "vissar2" <vissar2g@...> wrote:

              > If only it was that easy...
              > Current Average Speed: 4.7 mph
              > "Average" Average Speed: 4.1 mph
              > I have seen a diff of >1 mph in the last few minutes.

              > > The Ave. Speed under the current column does appear to be the average over the past 2 minutes.
              > >
              > > The numbers under the average column are relative to the time window that you specify at the bottom of the stats (hours or minutes).
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "vissar2" <vissar2g@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > What is the difference between "Current" Average Speed and "Averages" of Average Speed?

            • Mikhail Fomin
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24, 2012
                Resolved, thank you.