Re: Rain Total Error

  • don_wa5ngp
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2012
      I can verify that the console total (I have 2 receiver consoles one of which gets reported to wuhu) seems to never be correct. Must be some kind of bug in the console firmware. Maybe off by 10X?

      I have never figured out how to reset to zero the total in the console. Has anyone been able to do that? I know about hdwr reset and setup etc but I've never been successful in clearing that total on the console.

      Don
    • Don Lafferty
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2012
        Which station do you have Don?

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 6, 2012
          Does the console show the rain total?

          Maybe we can take a look at it this weekend.

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 6, 2012
            As Don Lafferty asked, I will need your station console type (make/model).

            > Does the console show the rain total?
            >
            > Maybe we can take a look at it this weekend.
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "don_wa5ngp" <don_wa5ngp@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I can verify that the console total (I have 2 receiver consoles one of which gets reported to wuhu) seems to never be correct. Must be some kind of bug in the console firmware. Maybe off by 10X?
            > >
            > > I have never figured out how to reset to zero the total in the console. Has anyone been able to do that? I know about hdwr reset and setup etc but I've never been successful in clearing that total on the console.
            > >
            > > Don

          • don_wa5ngp
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
              I take back my comments. Must have been operator error. Yesterday, I ran the wuhu software to zero out the grand total and it did it.
              It only shows .02 now, down from 70".

              The online reporting model is a 2316, the standalone model is a 2317. I've never been able to manually reset the total to 0.0 so I guess I'll connect the 2317 to my pc and have wuhu try to reset its rainfall total as well.

              Part of the erroneous data got in there when I had to clean the rain gauge. (spider webs). I'm going to add a switch to the gauge so I can turn it off while cleaning to avoid that problem in the future.

              sorry for erroneous post initially.

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
                If are using direct serial mode, and the latest version, the Rain Total button on the left edge of the main screen can be used to reset the total.