WUHU software

  • DAVID
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2012
      When I start WUHU I get the following message: 'unable to obtain versioning information. Aborting'. However WUHU is running just fine. Anyone know what this means and how to avoid it?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2012
        This happens when the running program attempts to read the WUHU.exe file to determine the version information. Usually this error results in the program being denied access to it's own image (.EXE) file. I am guessing this is a Windows Vista or 7 machine and WUHU does not have permissions to access the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\WUHU' folder. Do not ask me how to fix it as I am back on XP and plan to stay there for a long time to come.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2012
          Thank you for the input. I am also running XP. This problem does not affect WUHU performance. It is just annoying.