Re: [wuhu_software_group] Suggestion: Webcam FTP

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2012
      WUHU has the ability to ftp a file to a server.

      But most software that captures from a webcam has the ability too.

      You still need something that captures the webcam image so you aren't really saving anything.

      Don

      On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM, weatherbugnathan <backyard@...> wrote:

      It'd be kinda neat if there was either a plugin or the ability to FTP to weather webcams right from within WUHU. Then everything could be done inside one app.

    • weatherbugnathan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 27, 2012
        Yeah, I was wondering if WUHU could include like a little plugin that captures the webcam images for convenience.

        > WUHU has the ability to ftp a file to a server.
        >
        > But most software that captures from a webcam has the ability too.
        >
        > You still need something that captures the webcam image so you aren't
        > really saving anything.
        >
        > Don
        >
        > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM, weatherbugnathan
        > <backyard@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > It'd be kinda neat if there was either a plugin or the ability to FTP to
        > > weather webcams right from within WUHU. Then everything could be done
        > > inside one app.
        > >

        > --
        > making something that doesn't suck.

      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 27, 2012
          Considering how many different Webcams there are that would require much more than just a "little plugin".

          Don

          On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM, weatherbugnathan <backyard@...> wrote:

          Yeah, I was wondering if WUHU could include like a little plugin that captures the webcam images for convenience.

          > WUHU has the ability to ftp a file to a server.
          >
          > But most software that captures from a webcam has the ability too.
          >
          > You still need something that captures the webcam image so you aren't
          > really saving anything.
          >
          > Don
          >
          > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM, weatherbugnathan
          > <backyard@...>wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > It'd be kinda neat if there was either a plugin or the ability to FTP to
          > > weather webcams right from within WUHU. Then everything could be done
          > > inside one app.
          > >

          > --
          > making something that doesn't suck.

        • KNHBRIST1
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 28, 2012
            Three that I have used are Where's James, ConquerCam and ContaCam. All are free and once set up need very little maintenance.
            They can be set to start on computer startup.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 28, 2012
              @Don Yeah, you're correct about the multiple camera brands, so it would be more difficult than a simple plugin.

              @KNHBRIST1 Thanks for those! I'll remember those if I need to suggest webcam software to people.