Davis Vantage Pro 2 Batteries

  • chris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2012
      For those of you lucky enough to have a Davis Vantage Pro 2, check your batteries.  I have had mine for about 4 years, and rarely look at the console as WUHU lets me know all is working with the system, but for some reason decided to clean up around the computer stand my console sits on, and saw a low battery notice on front.  Since the unit is 4 years old, I decided to take a look at the batteries to replace them.  I was very lucky I did as two were about to explode with corrosion, which would have been an expensive problem if the works had been harmed in the leak.  Anyway, new C cells and a little clean up fixed the problem.

      The console is now in a prominent place on the wall where I can see the gorgeous display.  I still visit wunderground.com for daily stats, but now I can see the display as well.