Re: Monthly rain fall

  • wstlb1975
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 1, 2012
      Yes I have "Write Extended Data"checked in.

      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 1, 2012
        Edit the currdat.lst with notepad, post the section [rain_total_monthly] if it exists. If it does not exist, let me know that as well.

        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 2, 2012
          Hereby the section:

          [rain_total_monthly]
          mm = "0.00"
          inch = "0.00"

          [rain_total_monthly_tweaked]
          mm = "0.00"
          inch = "0.00"

          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 3, 2012
            Open up the WUHU configuration file now and tell me what it says for this month:

            Mine says:

            Monthly Rain Year=2012
            Monthly Rain Month=0
            Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month=0.00

            Looking at my console, it is saying 0.0 so I must have reset it around the first.

            If your "Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month" does not closely match your current console total, let me know.

            Are you resetting the console total each month? If so, there is a procedure that you must use to keep WUHU in sync with the console.

            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 4, 2012
              Hi,

              I open the WUHU configuration file and find the result below:

              Monthly Rain Year=2012
              Monthly Rain Month=0
              Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month=0.00

              On my console I found the result of 35.21mm from 1-1-2012

              And yes on the first of the new month I delete all the data.

              Before I have this problem I also delete the data and there was no problem with the monthly rain fall results.

              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 4, 2012
                What type of station is it?

                In general, before you reset the console rain total, you must go in tweak screen, check disable all rainfall reporting, reset the total on console, wait for an update from the console, go back in tweak and un-check disable all rainfall reporting.

                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 5, 2012
                  Hi,

                  Station WS2800 from La Crosse.

                  I only delete the stored data from the console.
                  When it's february I delete the data from January.
                  I do not reset the total rainfall.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 5, 2012
                    On the main WUHU screen under Current data, is the correct console rain total shown?

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 5, 2012
                      Yes this shows the correct data.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 12, 2012
                        Hi,

                        Any news about this monthly rainfall problemm?

                        Message 11 of 26 , Jan 13, 2012
                          I have not had a chance to look at it. Should be able to check it out this weekend.

                        • Dimitris
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jan 19, 2012
                            Ôhis problem is only La-crosse weather station i think,temporary i came back to version WUHU216_32_B180

                            Best regards
                            Dimitris

                            Message 13 of 26 , Jan 20, 2012
                              Looked over the code and I do not see a problem. Mine is reporting correctly. Start of month was 0.0 inches, now 0.25 which is correct.

                              Not sure what is going on with your station.

                              Message 14 of 26 , Jan 21, 2012
                                Hi Heath

                                I tried with old version B180 and work fine ,i tried and the second console La-crosse 2300 the newest version ,with zero total rainfall the same problem monthly rain no work.
                                And i saw second member with Lacrosse 2810 have the same problem with monthly rain newest version.
                                Somewhere in the new software i thing ,must there is some bug,at monthly rain.

                                Best regards
                                Dimitris

                                Message 15 of 26 , Jan 21, 2012
                                  That area of code has not change in quite a long time. I think it might have something to do with either a console total of zero or the rainfall at the start of the month being zero, I am not sure which.

                                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitris" <meteo@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Heath
                                  >
                                  > I tried with old version B180 and work fine ,i tried and the second console La-crosse 2300 the newest version ,with zero total rainfall the same problem monthly rain no work.
                                  > And i saw second member with Lacrosse 2810 have the same problem with monthly rain newest version.
                                  > Somewhere in the new software i thing ,must there is some bug,at monthly rain.
                                  >
                                  > Best regards
                                  > Dimitris
                                  > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html

                                  > > Looked over the code and I do not see a problem. Mine is reporting correctly. Start of month was 0.0 inches, now 0.25 which is correct.
                                  > >
                                  > > Not sure what is going on with your station.

                                • Daniel
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jan 22, 2012
                                    I seem to have the same problem. Daily and hourly rain shows correct values but monthly is stuck on 0. This has worked fine for years with no problem. I have not reset my station, or changed any WUHU config settings. Not sure exactly when this started but could it have anything to do with the change to the new year?

                                    Thanks for any help you can give and for your continued support of a great product.

                                    Here's my info:

                                    Station: Lacrosse 2316

                                    Currdat.lst Rain entries:
                                    [rain_total]
                                    mm = "201.93"
                                    inch = "7.95"

                                    [rain_24h]
                                    mm = "5.59"
                                    inch = "0.22"

                                    [rain_1h]
                                    mm = "0.51"
                                    inch = "0.02"

                                    [rain_daily]
                                    mm = "5.59"
                                    inch = "0.22"

                                    [rain_total_monthly]
                                    mm = "0.00"
                                    inch = "0.00"

                                    [rain_total_monthly_tweaked]
                                    mm = "0.00"
                                    inch = "0.00"

                                    [rain_total_tweaked]
                                    mm = "201.93"
                                    inch = "7.95"
                                  • H. Smith
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jan 22, 2012
                                      Please send the following lines from your WUHU Configuration.ini file:

                                      Monthly Rain Year=
                                      Monthly Rain Month=

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jan 22, 2012
                                        Sorry I forgot to include those. Also I am using WUHU 1.0.216.200

                                        Monthly Rain Year=2012
                                        Monthly Rain Month=0
                                        Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month=4.30

                                        I assume that the current monthly total should be:
                                        (Rain Total) - (Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month)

                                        Which on my station would be 7.95" - 4.30" = 3.65"
                                        This sounds about right.

                                        Thanks again, Dan

                                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

                                        > Please send the following lines from your WUHU Configuration.ini file:
                                        >

                                        > Monthly Rain Year=
                                        > Monthly Rain Month=
                                        > Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month=
                                        >

                                        > ________________________________

                                      • Daniel
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jan 23, 2012
                                          I did find one thing that changed on my system. With the new year, I started a new history.dat file as I use the following config entry:
                                          HistoryDataFilePath=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\AppData\WUHU\%Y_history.dat

                                          May not have anything to do with it but this is the only thing I can think of that recently changed.

                                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <dcpodell@...> wrote:

                                          > Sorry I forgot to include those. Also I am using WUHU 1.0.216.200
                                          >
                                          > Monthly Rain Year=2012
                                          > Monthly Rain Month=0
                                          > Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month=4.30
                                          >
                                          > I assume that the current monthly total should be:
                                          > (Rain Total) - (Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month)
                                          >
                                          > Which on my station would be 7.95" - 4.30" = 3.65"
                                          > This sounds about right.
                                          >
                                          > Thanks again, Dan
                                          >
                                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Please send the following lines from your WUHU Configuration.ini file:
                                          > >

                                          > > Monthly Rain Year=
                                          > > Monthly Rain Month=
                                          > > Monthly Rain Total At Start Of Month=
                                          > >

                                          > > ________________________________

                                        • wstlb1975
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jan 24, 2012
                                            Here also the same problem.
                                            It works fine with version 180.
                                            Also a La crosse 2800

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Feb 18, 2012
                                              I just updated to the latest release, (1, 0, 216, 201 Refreshed 1-22-2012) and I now have Monthly rainfall data. So it looks like this is fixed. wuhu_software, can you confirm this? Anyway works for me now.
                                              Thanks, Dan
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Feb 18, 2012
                                                Hopefully the issue is fixed although it is impossible to confirm unless someone sees an issue in the future.