Re: [wuhu_software_group] WeatherCam?

  • Bob Tyszka
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 17, 2011
      On 12/17/11 12:46 PM, John & Julie Festerling wrote:

      Is Conquer Cam free?  It looks like it will have "evaluation" across the screen?

      John
      Home Office of the Festerlings

          Conquer Cam is shareware.  You can download it and use for free, but an Evaluation Copy tag pops up about once an hour I guess.  I really should register.  It has been working good for me.

          At first I thought I had a problem, the images would stop uploading or the last image kept uploading all day long.  I tried several programs with similar results.  Now it looks like it is the camera that is causing the problem because Conquer Cam seems to work all day.  So now about once a day I shut down Conquer Cam, unplug the camera, plug the camera into a different port and restart ConquerCam.  I will also have to try and see if I can remote in and fix the problem from work.

      --

      Bob Tyszka
      California City, CA

      Click
for California City, California Forecast

    • KNHBRIST1
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 17, 2011
        In addition to ConquerCam, ContaCam and Where'sJames are free.
        I have tried all three and Contacam & ConquerCam seem to be more reliable to me, followed closely by Where's James.
        By reliable I mean that I can run them for at least a week before they may freeze up. ContaCam & ConquerCam I have run in excess of 10 days straight, Where's James seems to last about a week for me.
        Steve

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...> wrote:

        > On 12/17/11 12:46 PM, John & Julie Festerling wrote:
        > >
        > > Is Conquer Cam free? It looks like it will have "evaluation" across
        > > the screen?
        > > John
        > > Home Office of the Festerlings
        > > http://christlutheran-marshallmn.org
        > >
        > Conquer Cam is shareware. You can download it and use for free,
        > but an Evaluation Copy tag pops up about once an hour I guess. I really
        > should register. It has been working good for me.
        >
        > At first I thought I had a problem, the images would stop uploading
        > or the last image kept uploading all day long. I tried several programs
        > with similar results. Now it looks like it is the camera that is
        > causing the problem because Conquer Cam seems to work all day. So now
        > about once a day I shut down Conquer Cam, unplug the camera, plug the
        > camera into a different port and restart ConquerCam. I will also have
        > to try and see if I can remote in and fix the problem from work.
        >
        > --
        >
        > *Bob Tyszka
        > California City, CA
        > CW9012 / KCACALIF5
        > *
        >
        > Click for California City, California Forecast
        > <http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/California_City.html?bannertypeclick=bigwx>

      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 17, 2011
          I've run ConquerCam for many weeks without rebooting and I do it on my main computer which I use every day for all kinds of different tasks (including WUHU and WUHU Tweet).

          I tried WheresJames and found it to be not as user friendly as I would like but of course your mileage may vary.  I also tried ContaCam and found it to be a bit more than I needed.

          I think they are all good and will do the job for you.  Try one and if you don't like it try the next.

          Don

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 18, 2011
            On 12/17/11 2:25 PM, Jac and Ginny wrote:

            How do you weather proof it. Is not this camera just a normal webcam?
            Thanks

                I bought a weather proof camera enclosure.  This is one for security cameras, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/689918-REG/ARM_Electronics_OCH3_Cable_Management_Housing.html.

                The summer temps in the desert are in the triple digit range, so I added two small solar panels from
            Harbor Freight to power the blower.  The housing also allows room for the USB adapter.  Make sure to turn off the "On Air" light or you will get a reflection from the housing window.

            --

            Bob Tyszka
            California City, CA
            CW9012 / KCACALIF5

            Click
for California City, California Forecast

          • Dimitris
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 21, 2011
              É use a usb weather webcamera logitech pro 9000

              http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/webcams/devices/webcam-pro-9000

              I use 10 meters (5+5 meters) usb booster

              http://www.datapro.net/products/usb-active-booster-extension-cable.html

              I have make DIY housing enclosure

              http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_waterproof-web-camera-box.html

              And the results,a everyday timelapse video

              http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/video.html

              My opinion the logitech pro 9000 is a great webcamera with 2 MP analysis

              Best regards from Greece
              Dimitris