Re: Upgraded Computer issues

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
      An update on my computer situation: I had upgraded to an Acer Aspire Revo, an efficient nettop. It has no serial port, so I'm using an IOGear USB to serial adapter (with an updated driver). Unfortunately it didn't play well with Windows 7 - it would update for a few minutes after startup, then just stop communicating. Despite help from an expert (thanks Heath!) it just wasn't meant to be.

      I am now running VMWare with a virtual Windows XP machine, and running WUHU in that. It has been uploading for almost 48 hours, over 30,000 uploads, without interruption. The only error is a failed AWEKAS upload.

      Just in case anyone else runs this problem, this solution seems to have worked very well.

      Thanks for the help.