Upgraded to Vantage Pro 2

  • Rich Allen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2011
      Hey everyone,
      I just did a major upgrade to my weather station; the rain gauge on
      my old Lacrosse stopped working so I decided to go big and ordered a
      Davis Vantage Pro 2 with the UV and solar radiation gauges. Got it all
      set up about an hour ago and it was a very easy setup. I got the serial
      version of Weatherlink, so I simply stopped WUHU, unplugged the old
      Lacrosse, plugged the Vantage serial connector into the same port,
      changed to Vantage Pro in the WUHU setup and clicked the Start button.
      Everything just worked, I never even installed the Weatherlink software. :)
      WUHU appears to read historical data from this station as well,
      which is nice. Aside from the bogus rain data, that is. :D Overall
      I'm very happy with this upgrade and just wanted to let everyone know
      how painless it was to set up and start uploading. Heath, you have a
      wonder piece of software here. Thanks!

      Rich
      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KUTSALTL31