automatically restart WUHU

  • wstlb1975
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 2011
      Hi All,

      Is it possible to restart WUHU automatically.

      BR,
      Karel
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2011
        Why would you want to restart WUHU versus reboot the machine?

        Are you having some type of difficulty?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wstlb1975" <kareldboer@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Is it possible to restart WUHU automatically.
        >
        > BR,
        > Karel

      • David Lipper
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 17, 2011
          I've considered restarting WUHU automatically when it was leaking memory (last month);
          but since I started version .200, there is no need to.

          By the way, in 18 days it grew from 24 MB to 41 MB, and seems to have stabilized there.
          I am keeping 168 hours of history.

          On 2011-11-17 11:21, wuhu_software wrote:

          Why would you want to restart WUHU versus reboot the machine?

          Are you having some type of difficulty?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wstlb1975" <kareldboer@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Is it possible to restart WUHU automatically.
          >
          > BR,
          > Karel

        • Stan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 17, 2011
            I have had trouble with WUHU getting hung. It took me a while to
            realize that the most common cause of this was when my screen saver
            kicks in, and disabling it cleared that up (the power-saving option to
            turn the monitor *off* doesn't seem to be a problem).

            I'm not sure what other factors cause this trouble, although
            HeavyWeather Pro seems to be somewhat less than robust, and I think that
            when it gets stuck, WUHU sometimes follows suit.

            I have a script I wrote in Tcl that checks the two currdat.lst files and
            makes sure they're being updated regularly. If not, it will kill the
            process of whichever program seems to be hung, and then restart it.
            Unfortunately, I wrote it pretty specifically to run on *this* computer
            and to look in the file locations as configured here, etc. I tweak it
            pretty regularly as I think of other things it could do, and it's not a
            standalone program so it won't run unless Tcl is installed. It also
            depends on file libraries I've written. All of this would make it
            overwhelming to try to get it to run on someone else's computer, so I'm
            afraid I can't really share it.

            The Windows command to kill the process is "tskill WUHU.exe" and if you
            have any programming skills, it's not terribly hard to make use of that.

            Stan

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 17, 2011
              The program does pause if the computer enters standby mode. When it comes out of standby, it is supposed to resume. If it were direct connection over serial and the console has a logger, it is supposed to re-read the console history on resume.

              Let me know if you find the root cause of the problem and I can try to re-create it here.