Re: WUHU Software site "temporarily down"

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2011
      You want to run the version of Heavy Weather that is designed for that station. The 2.1 and Beta 2.0 apply only to the WS-23XX series, not the WS28XX series.

      Go to the La Crosse site to get the correct version of HW for your station.

      You can use WUHU to upload. You will need to configure it to monitor the currdat.LST file that is output by the Heavyweather software.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "dougbubbles" <dougbubbles@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I am trying to download the WUHU software but the software site is down, and has been for 48 hours. Is ther an alternate site?
      > I am running the LaCrosse WS-2813u-it hardware. The instruction for WUHU that I have seen say I need to run the HeavyWeather 2.0 beta, not the 2.1 release. The 2.0 beta looks like it is looking for a comm port, my hardware is wireless attached through a dongle, I could not figure out how to sync my hardware to the 2.0 beta.
      > Do I need to run Haevyweather 2.0 beta for WUHU? If so how do I get 2.0 to work with my hardware.
      > Thanks,
      > Doug

    • Larry Myers
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2011
        and while there grab the manual as well, it is very easy to configure it to sync up with your pc....I followed the steps and it started to work right away.

        I actually really like this station over my 2308.

        Larry

        On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:24 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

        You want to run the version of Heavy Weather that is designed for that station. The 2.1 and Beta 2.0 apply only to the WS-23XX series, not the WS28XX series.

        Go to the La Crosse site to get the correct version of HW for your station.

        You can use WUHU to upload. You will need to configure it to monitor the currdat.LST file that is output by the Heavyweather software.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "dougbubbles" <dougbubbles@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am trying to download the WUHU software but the software site is down, and has been for 48 hours. Is ther an alternate site?
        > I am running the LaCrosse WS-2813u-it hardware. The instruction for WUHU that I have seen say I need to run the HeavyWeather 2.0 beta, not the 2.1 release. The 2.0 beta looks like it is looking for a comm port, my hardware is wireless attached through a dongle, I could not figure out how to sync my hardware to the 2.0 beta.
        > Do I need to run Haevyweather 2.0 beta for WUHU? If so how do I get 2.0 to work with my hardware.
        > Thanks,
        > Doug

      • dougbubbles
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 12, 2011
          Thanks all,
          Now my biggest issue is getting WUHU si I can upload to wunderground. As of this morning the WUHU software page is still down... :-(

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 12, 2011
            I sent off a copy in email.

            If anyone else needs a copy email me. wuhu_software at yahoo.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "dougbubbles" <dougbubbles@...> wrote:

            > Thanks all,
            > Now my biggest issue is getting WUHU si I can upload to wunderground. As of this morning the WUHU software page is still down... :-(
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Larry Myers <hometownnerd@> wrote:
            > >
            > > and while there grab the manual as well, it is very easy to configure it to
            > > sync up with your pc....I followed the steps and it started to work right
            > > away.
            > >
            > > I actually really like this station over my 2308.
            > >
            > > Larry
            > >
            > > On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:24 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@>wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > > >

            > > > You want to run the version of Heavy Weather that is designed for that
            > > > station. The 2.1 and Beta 2.0 apply only to the WS-23XX series, not the
            > > > WS28XX series.
            > > >
            > > > Go to the La Crosse site to get the correct version of HW for your station.
            > > >
            > > > You can use WUHU to upload. You will need to configure it to monitor the
            > > > currdat.LST file that is output by the Heavyweather software.
            > > >
            > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "dougbubbles" <dougbubbles@>

            > > > and has been for 48 hours. Is ther an alternate site?
            > > > that I have seen say I need to run the HeavyWeather 2.0 beta, not the 2.1
            > > > release. The 2.0 beta looks like it is looking for a comm port, my hardware
            > > > is wireless attached through a dongle, I could not figure out how to sync
            > > > my hardware to the 2.0 beta.
            > > > to work with my hardware.

          • John Liss
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 12, 2011
              I can toss a copy on my site if you want.

              Heath, you can email it to me.

              On 11/12/2011 8:24 AM, wuhu_software wrote:
              > I sent off a copy in email.
              >
              > If anyone else needs a copy email me. wuhu_software at yahoo.
              >

              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "dougbubbles"<dougbubbles@...> wrote:
              >> Thanks all,
              >> Now my biggest issue is getting WUHU si I can upload to wunderground. As of this morning the WUHU software page is still down... :-(
              >>
              >> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Larry Myers<hometownnerd@> wrote:
              >>> and while there grab the manual as well, it is very easy to configure it to
              >>> sync up with your pc....I followed the steps and it started to work right
              >>> away.
              >>>
              >>> I actually really like this station over my 2308.
              >>>
              >>> Larry

              > WUHU Download page:

            • Don Lafferty
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 12, 2011
                I'm a little unclear why it isn't on the Yahoo Group under Files.

                Don

                On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

                I can toss a copy on my site if you want.

                Heath, you can email it to me.

                On 11/12/2011 8:24 AM, wuhu_software wrote:
                > I sent off a copy in email.
                >
                > If anyone else needs a copy email me. wuhu_software at yahoo.
                >

                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "dougbubbles"<dougbubbles@...> wrote:
                >> Thanks all,
                >> Now my biggest issue is getting WUHU si I can upload to wunderground. As of this morning the WUHU software page is still down... :-(
                >>
                >> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Larry Myers<hometownnerd@> wrote:
                >>> and while there grab the manual as well, it is very easy to configure it to
                >>> sync up with your pc....I followed the steps and it started to work right
                >>> away.
                >>>
                >>> I actually really like this station over my 2308.
                >>>
                >>> Larry

                > WUHU Download page:

              • John Liss
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 13, 2011
                  Gang, I mirrored the latest version from Heath. (until his site comes
                  backup)
                  Can be downloaded here:
                  http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/wuhu-download-page

                  WUHU216_32_B200.zip 7.18 MB

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 13, 2011
                    Thanks John.

                    I spoke with Comcast and they fixed their snafu (we will see if it lasts). Somehow the account was "suspended" although Comcast could not explain to me why it was suspended.

                    Let me know if anyone has an issue with the site.