Re: suggestions on purchase of new weather station-attention RICH ALLEN

  • GW
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011
      They make a lot of money selling Virtual Weather Station (VWS). I've looked at the weatherlink descriptions on other weather station sale sites, and none of their descriptions are not very good.

      Weatherlink software will upload data to the internet. It's not as fancy with displays as VWS is. Many people like the features of VWS and purchase it as well and then they don't run weatherlink.

      Personally, I upload the data from my Davis VP2 using WUHU. I have weatherlink installed, but I only run it once per month to download the collected data and then save that file as a backup (That is totally unnecessary, but it's what I like to do.)

      Therefore, the bottom line is that you have to buy the datalogger which will come with the weatherlink disc. You can use the disc or not. You can buy VWS in addition to that if you want to. Or, you can use WUHU for free (and I like free!). But you have to buy the datalogger to connect the console to your PC.

      Good Luck!