Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Memory usage by WUHU

  • David Lipper
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 28, 2011
      I did, a few days ago, when you fist suggested that.
      No luck so far -- the memory usage now is over 600 MB (still working).

      On 2011-10-28 20:42, wuhu_software wrote:

      Try reducing the hours in memory to something like 48.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@...> wrote:

      > That's what I did. About 14 hours later, it's up to 543 MB.
      > Any other suggestions?
      >

      > On 2011-10-28 09:03, wuhu_software wrote:
      > >

      > > That sounds like a good first step. In the action screen, and upper
      > > left, disable all actions and audibles. See what happens.
      > >
      > > It sounds like something is being queued up over and over and never
      > > released back to the system. Audio files would go a long way to
      > > explain this as I am sure the .wav files you are playing are probably
      > > fairly large.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, David Lipper
      > > <glenvilleweather@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Okay, I turned them off, without restarting. The memory now is 270 MB.

      > > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>

    • David Lipper
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 30, 2011
        Okay, with the file path corrected, the memory usage grew by about 4MB in 24 hours from startup; 16 to 20MB.
        This is running .198.  It's more than an order of magnitude better than before.
        The growth may be attributed to me using graphs and wind rose -- it seemed to increase the first time I used those,

        and then stabilized.  I think the problem is solved.  I am now going to restart using .200.
        .200 is 24 MB right after startup.

        On 2011-10-29 13:59, wuhu_software wrote:

        Well that helps explain a lot.

        As it turns out, the Microsoft MFC library was throwing exceptions. Although the exceptions were caught, preventing a program crash, the memory associated with the exception was not released back, resulting in memory leaks. Because there were many many attempts to write the currdat.lst file, as it can be hundreds of lines, many leaks happened.

        I have gone through the code and released the memory when these file exceptions occur.

        Thanks for getting to the bottom of the problem.

        See: