Re: Upload to Weather Underground stop

  • nczman
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2011
      Thanks guys, clocks were the first things I thought of. He had logs for just fatal, so had him select all this morning. Have not heard from him, so it has not crashed today.. Watched pot.....

      Will post what I find.

      Thanks
    • nczman
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2011
        Just as a follow up, in case someone comes across the same issue. We have found that there are 3 things that seem to make a difference when uploading to WUnderground.
        1 - We had Firefox set as the default browser. Setting it to Internet Explorer seem to make the biggest difference in the number of days we would run without errors.
        2 - Time. Second round of problems started when the user thought that since the Weather Station was getting the data from the gov, he changed the url where the computer updated it's time from. Going back to what was the computer default fixed that. I think it was time.windows.com.
        3 - had him go into rapid fire inside the WUWU program and turn that off.

        and for those that do not remember the symptoms. It was sending to twitter and to CWOP fine. It would just stop sending data to WUnderground.com as much as 3 times a day.

        Randy
      • Don Lafferty

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2011
            Even with rapid-fire enabled, there should have been some clues posted in to the log when WU uploads were failing. You just need to make sure that the check-box next to "WU Uploads" is checked.

            I would not suspect that the default browser has an effect but anything is possible on Windows.