Newby question. interface Davis Pro 2 with PC

  • kb9vup
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
      I recently purchased a Davis vantage Vue with a pro 2 console. Is there a less expensive way to interface it with my PC? I really did not want to run the Davis software package, but it comes bundled with the interface device.
      Thanks for your help!
      Todd
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2011
        You are paying for the hardware (USB or serial). The software is free.

        There is a hardware hacker that has created a way interface without the logger but it is not for everyone and you will lose the logging capability without it. I would not recommend this unless you have some electronics experience.

        You can shop on eBay for a used one and there are a couple of shopping sites out there that sell it for a reasonable price.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kb9vup" <kb9vup@...> wrote:

        > I recently purchased a Davis vantage Vue with a pro 2 console. Is there a less expensive way to interface it with my PC? I really did not want to run the Davis software package, but it comes bundled with the interface device.
        > Thanks for your help!
        > Todd

      • marcelcanine
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2011
          You do not need to run the Davis software. You only need to run it one time to setup the Data Logger. After that you can run any software that you chose. I have a Pro2 with USB data Logger running WUHU only.