Re: Connecting Heavy Weather Pro 2800 to Weather Underground

  • scarabdrowner
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2011
      In WUHU, click the Setup button, then the Weather Underground tab.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@...> wrote:

      > I'm a newbie at this and apparently need a little hand-holding.
      >
      > I recently purchased a Lacrosse Technologies WS-2813 (from Costco). It's setup and working fine.
      >
      > I downloaded Lacrosse's Heavy Weather WS Pro 2800 software on this computer, and it's talking to (receiving data from) the weather station fine.
      >
      > I registered with Weather Underground (station: KCOBOUL71).
      >
      > Weather Underground now indicates I need to... "type my weather station ID and password into my weather station software". And I can't seem to find where to do that.
      >
      > Any help with this step and additional ones to be uploading my weather station's info to Weather Underground will be much appreciated.
      >
      > ... Greg
      > Boulder, CO

    • scarabdrowner
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2011
        I also have the 2813, and I too am in CO, KCOCHEYE5.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@...> wrote:

        > I'm a newbie at this and apparently need a little hand-holding.
        >
        > I recently purchased a Lacrosse Technologies WS-2813 (from Costco). It's setup and working fine.
        >
        > I downloaded Lacrosse's Heavy Weather WS Pro 2800 software on this computer, and it's talking to (receiving data from) the weather station fine.
        >
        > I registered with Weather Underground (station: KCOBOUL71).
        >
        > Weather Underground now indicates I need to... "type my weather station ID and password into my weather station software". And I can't seem to find where to do that.
        >
        > Any help with this step and additional ones to be uploading my weather station's info to Weather Underground will be much appreciated.
        >
        > ... Greg
        > Boulder, CO

      • greghine
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2011
          Wow! That's probably my problem. I don't see a SETUP BUTTON. When I open the software, it takes me to the Current Weather screen, with indoor and outdoor temperature, wind speed, etc. On the "Tool Bar" near the top is: File - Edit - View - Extras - ?, and under that are icons for Create a New Template - Save - Settings (but when I click it nothing happens) - Export (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Show & Hide Tooltips (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Delete datasets (I haven't clicked that) - Print - ?

          Is the Set Up button elsewhere? Or what should I do to get the Setings Icon to work?

          ... Greg

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner" <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

          > In WUHU, click the Setup button, then the Weather Underground tab.
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm a newbie at this and apparently need a little hand-holding.
          > >
          > > I recently purchased a Lacrosse Technologies WS-2813 (from Costco). It's setup and working fine.
          > >
          > > I downloaded Lacrosse's Heavy Weather WS Pro 2800 software on this computer, and it's talking to (receiving data from) the weather station fine.
          > >
          > > I registered with Weather Underground (station: KCOBOUL71).
          > >
          > > Weather Underground now indicates I need to... "type my weather station ID and password into my weather station software". And I can't seem to find where to do that.
          > >
          > > Any help with this step and additional ones to be uploading my weather station's info to Weather Underground will be much appreciated.
          > >
          > > ... Greg
          > > Boulder, CO

        • scarabdrowner
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2011
            You're still in the HeavyWeather program. Did you download WUHU? WUHU is different than HeavyWeather. Get it here: http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@...> wrote:

            > Wow! That's probably my problem. I don't see a SETUP BUTTON. When I open the software, it takes me to the Current Weather screen, with indoor and outdoor temperature, wind speed, etc. On the "Tool Bar" near the top is: File - Edit - View - Extras - ?, and under that are icons for Create a New Template - Save - Settings (but when I click it nothing happens) - Export (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Show & Hide Tooltips (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Delete datasets (I haven't clicked that) - Print - ?
            >
            > Is the Set Up button elsewhere? Or what should I do to get the Setings Icon to work?
            >
            > ... Greg
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner" <scarabdrowner@> wrote:
            > >
            > > In WUHU, click the Setup button, then the Weather Underground tab.
            > >
            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'm a newbie at this and apparently need a little hand-holding.
            > > >
            > > > I recently purchased a Lacrosse Technologies WS-2813 (from Costco). It's setup and working fine.
            > > >
            > > > I downloaded Lacrosse's Heavy Weather WS Pro 2800 software on this computer, and it's talking to (receiving data from) the weather station fine.
            > > >
            > > > I registered with Weather Underground (station: KCOBOUL71).
            > > >
            > > > Weather Underground now indicates I need to... "type my weather station ID and password into my weather station software". And I can't seem to find where to do that.
            > > >
            > > > Any help with this step and additional ones to be uploading my weather station's info to Weather Underground will be much appreciated.
            > > >
            > > > ... Greg
            > > > Boulder, CO

          • Jaye Ellen Burke
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2011
              At the bottom of this E-Mail, there is an area that mentions WUHU Downloads; this is where the necessary file is downloaded.  Once the file is downloaded (the actual download is a bit down on the page) extract the compressed file.  Having a printer at least defined is extremely important to this software's operation, at least used to be ... once your station is connected to your computer via a serial port, you can then proceed to station setup: when the WUHU software installs, you will get an icon with a "W".  Click on this "W" and the application should open.  Here is where you will find the mystical "Setup" point.  I wish you luck with your setup, Greg !!!

              Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

              On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

              You're still in the HeavyWeather program. Did you download WUHU? WUHU is different than HeavyWeather. Get it here: http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@...> wrote:

              > Wow! That's probably my problem. I don't see a SETUP BUTTON. When I open the software, it takes me to the Current Weather screen, with indoor and outdoor temperature, wind speed, etc. On the "Tool Bar" near the top is: File - Edit - View - Extras - ?, and under that are icons for Create a New Template - Save - Settings (but when I click it nothing happens) - Export (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Show & Hide Tooltips (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Delete datasets (I haven't clicked that) - Print - ?
              >
              > Is the Set Up button elsewhere? Or what should I do to get the Setings Icon to work?
              >
              > ... Greg
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner" <scarabdrowner@> wrote:
              > >
              > > In WUHU, click the Setup button, then the Weather Underground tab.
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I'm a newbie at this and apparently need a little hand-holding.
              > > >
              > > > I recently purchased a Lacrosse Technologies WS-2813 (from Costco). It's setup and working fine.
              > > >
              > > > I downloaded Lacrosse's Heavy Weather WS Pro 2800 software on this computer, and it's talking to (receiving data from) the weather station fine.
              > > >
              > > > I registered with Weather Underground (station: KCOBOUL71).
              > > >
              > > > Weather Underground now indicates I need to... "type my weather station ID and password into my weather station software". And I can't seem to find where to do that.
              > > >
              > > > Any help with this step and additional ones to be uploading my weather station's info to Weather Underground will be much appreciated.
              > > >
              > > > ... Greg
              > > > Boulder, CO

            • Don Lafferty
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2011
                Just to add to what Jaye Ellen said there are 2 ways to use WUHU.  You can use the serial port method and then you don't need Heavyweather at all or you can configure WUHU to read the file that Heavyweather creates.

                Most of us use the serial port method as it's much easier and doesn't require that you run 2 pieces of software.

                Don

                On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Jaye Ellen Burke <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

                At the bottom of this E-Mail, there is an area that mentions WUHU Downloads; this is where the necessary file is downloaded.  Once the file is downloaded (the actual download is a bit down on the page) extract the compressed file.  Having a printer at least defined is extremely important to this software's operation, at least used to be ... once your station is connected to your computer via a serial port, you can then proceed to station setup: when the WUHU software installs, you will get an icon with a "W".  Click on this "W" and the application should open.  Here is where you will find the mystical "Setup" point.  I wish you luck with your setup, Greg !!!

                Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

                On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

                You're still in the HeavyWeather program. Did you download WUHU? WUHU is different than HeavyWeather. Get it here: http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@...> wrote:

                > Wow! That's probably my problem. I don't see a SETUP BUTTON. When I open the software, it takes me to the Current Weather screen, with indoor and outdoor temperature, wind speed, etc. On the "Tool Bar" near the top is: File - Edit - View - Extras - ?, and under that are icons for Create a New Template - Save - Settings (but when I click it nothing happens) - Export (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Show & Hide Tooltips (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Delete datasets (I haven't clicked that) - Print - ?
                >
                > Is the Set Up button elsewhere? Or what should I do to get the Setings Icon to work?
                >
                > ... Greg
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner" <scarabdrowner@> wrote:
                > >
                > > In WUHU, click the Setup button, then the Weather Underground tab.
                > >
                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I'm a newbie at this and apparently need a little hand-holding.
                > > >
                > > > I recently purchased a Lacrosse Technologies WS-2813 (from Costco). It's setup and working fine.
                > > >
                > > > I downloaded Lacrosse's Heavy Weather WS Pro 2800 software on this computer, and it's talking to (receiving data from) the weather station fine.
                > > >
                > > > I registered with Weather Underground (station: KCOBOUL71).
                > > >
                > > > Weather Underground now indicates I need to... "type my weather station ID and password into my weather station software". And I can't seem to find where to do that.
                > > >
                > > > Any help with this step and additional ones to be uploading my weather station's info to Weather Underground will be much appreciated.
                > > >
                > > > ... Greg
                > > > Boulder, CO

              • scarabdrowner
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2011
                  With the LaCrosse 2813, there is no serial connection. The only communications between the display and computer is through a USB wireless receiver.

                  > Just to add to what Jaye Ellen said there are 2 ways to use WUHU. You can
                  > use the serial port method and then you don't need Heavyweather at all or
                  > you can configure WUHU to read the file that Heavyweather creates.
                  >
                  > Most of us use the serial port method as it's much easier and doesn't
                  > require that you run 2 pieces of software.
                  >
                  > Don
                  >
                  > On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Jaye Ellen Burke <jaye.ellen@...>wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > At the bottom of this E-Mail, there is an area that mentions WUHU
                  > > Downloads; this is where the necessary file is downloaded. Once the file is
                  > > downloaded (the actual download is a bit down on the page) extract the
                  > > compressed file. Having a printer at least defined is extremely important
                  > > to this software's operation, at least used to be ... once your station is
                  > > connected to your computer via a serial port, you can then proceed to
                  > > station setup: when the WUHU software installs, you will get an icon with a
                  > > "W". Click on this "W" and the application should open. Here is where you
                  > > will find the mystical "Setup" point. I wish you luck with your setup, Greg
                  > > !!!
                  > >
                  > > Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2
                  > >
                  > > On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...>wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> **
                  > >>

                  > >> You're still in the HeavyWeather program. Did you download WUHU? WUHU is
                  > >> different than HeavyWeather. Get it here:
                  > >> http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
                  > >>

                  > >> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@>

                  > >> the software, it takes me to the Current Weather screen, with indoor and
                  > >> outdoor temperature, wind speed, etc. On the "Tool Bar" near the top is:
                  > >> File - Edit - View - Extras - ?, and under that are icons for Create a New
                  > >> Template - Save - Settings (but when I click it nothing happens) - Export
                  > >> (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Show & Hide Tooltips
                  > >> (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Delete datasets (I haven't
                  > >> clicked that) - Print - ?

                  > >> Icon to work?

                  > >> It's setup and working fine.

                  > >> computer, and it's talking to (receiving data from) the weather station
                  > >> fine.

                  > >> station ID and password into my weather station software". And I can't seem
                  > >> to find where to do that.

                  > >> weather station's info to Weather Underground will be much appreciated.

                  > --
                  > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
                  > something that doesn't suck.

                • Jaye Ellen Burke
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2011
                    Not having a serial interface, you'll need to use a USB --> Serial or something to create at least a virtual serial port for the WUHU interface, and I not be the expert in this area!  I was going to get a usb->serial adapter to use my laptop to run the wx stn, in which case I might know what I was talking about.  But no, that didn't happen.

                    --- Jaye Ellen

                  • greghine
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
                      Thank you all for the help and advice. The weather station is up and running and uploading data to Weather Underground.

                      ... Greg
                      Boulder, CO

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@...> wrote:

                      > Wow! That's probably my problem. I don't see a SETUP BUTTON. When I open the software, it takes me to the Current Weather screen, with indoor and outdoor temperature, wind speed, etc. On the "Tool Bar" near the top is: File - Edit - View - Extras - ?, and under that are icons for Create a New Template - Save - Settings (but when I click it nothing happens) - Export (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Show & Hide Tooltips (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Delete datasets (I haven't clicked that) - Print - ?
                      >
                      > Is the Set Up button elsewhere? Or what should I do to get the Setings Icon to work?
                      >
                      > ... Greg
                      >
                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner" <scarabdrowner@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > In WUHU, click the Setup button, then the Weather Underground tab.
                      > >
                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm a newbie at this and apparently need a little hand-holding.
                      > > >
                      > > > I recently purchased a Lacrosse Technologies WS-2813 (from Costco). It's setup and working fine.
                      > > >
                      > > > I downloaded Lacrosse's Heavy Weather WS Pro 2800 software on this computer, and it's talking to (receiving data from) the weather station fine.
                      > > >
                      > > > I registered with Weather Underground (station: KCOBOUL71).
                      > > >
                      > > > Weather Underground now indicates I need to... "type my weather station ID and password into my weather station software". And I can't seem to find where to do that.
                      > > >
                      > > > Any help with this step and additional ones to be uploading my weather station's info to Weather Underground will be much appreciated.
                      > > >
                      > > > ... Greg
                      > > > Boulder, CO

                    • A
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 18, 2012
                        What was the secret to getting the wuhu software and heavy weather pro 2800 to talk and upload to weather underground???

                        I've got it registered with wu.

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@...> wrote:

                        > Thank you all for the help and advice. The weather station is up and running and uploading data to Weather Underground.
                        >
                        > ... Greg
                        > Boulder, CO
                        >
                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "greghine" <greghine@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Wow! That's probably my problem. I don't see a SETUP BUTTON. When I open the software, it takes me to the Current Weather screen, with indoor and outdoor temperature, wind speed, etc. On the "Tool Bar" near the top is: File - Edit - View - Extras - ?, and under that are icons for Create a New Template - Save - Settings (but when I click it nothing happens) - Export (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Show & Hide Tooltips (again nothing seems to happen when I click it) - Delete datasets (I haven't clicked that) - Print - ?
                        > >
                        > > Is the Set Up button elsewhere? Or what should I do to get the Setings Icon to work?
                        > >
                        > > ... Greg

                      • A
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 18, 2012
                          patience, I think I got it!! yeah :)
                          Now to wait for weather underground to update in the next 24 hours to reflect my data. Is that about how long it takes to show up on the site?

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 18, 2012
                            Is the console data showing up on the main WUHU screen?

                            If you install Team Viewer 7, a free download on the Internet, and send me the ID and password, I can connect to your machine and at a look. Send the info to wuhu_software at yahoo.com.