Re: CWOP to APRSWX

  • n1naz
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
      Ok can you explain how to go about configuring WUHU to do this?

      > Do you have a ham radio connected to your PC? There is an option to generate a wxnow.txt file that can be monitored by some of the ham software packages out there.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "WXMANFLA" <WXMANFLA@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I use WUHU for my weather station and have a CWOP account. How can I add an APRSWX account? Thanks, Rich

    • n1naz
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
        Ok How do you seup WUHU to to creat the wxnow.tx file

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
          Never mind found it.

          Support for UI-View32 Wx now weather report file

          Note: In order for changes to the configuration file to take effect,
          you must terminate the WUHU application then edit it's configuration
          file.

          If you would like to write a weather report file for use with UI-
          View32 you must manually edit the WUHU Configuration Data.ini file
          that is stored in the WUHU program directory (usually found in
          C:\Program Files\WUHU). You can edit this file using Windows notepad.

          Find the CWOP section defined by this line:

          [CWOP Settings]

          Add the following entry anywhere after the [CWOP Settings] line and
          before the next section in the .ini file ([?]).

          WxNowReportFile=C:\Program Files\UI-View32\Wxreportnow.txt

          In this example, the name of the file is:

          C:\Program Files\UI-View32\Wxreportnow.txt

          You may specify any file name that WUHU should write to. Just make
          sure that UI-View32 is configured to read from the same file that you
          have specified in WUHU.

          This file will be written whenever the general upload interval
          expires (default==5 mins). This is the same interval used when
          uploading to CWOP over the Internet.

          When the file is written, the contents of this file will look like:

          Dec 16 2006 12:11
          135/003g003t040r000p000P000h73b10169

          Note: The timestamp is local time not UTC.