Post Extended Data to Twitter?

  • scarabdrowner
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 28 12:17 PM
      Is there a way I can get extended data values into twitter? I already have wuhutweet up and running with the standard variables, but I would like to add in pressure trends and such. My last attempt, setting WUHU to write the extended currdat.lst and using the outdoor_relative_pressure_trend variable only inserted the variable name, minus the first "o" for some reason.
    • scarabdrowner
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 28 12:26 PM
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner" <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way I can get extended data values into twitter? I already have wuhutweet up and running with the standard variables, but I would like to add in pressure trends and such. My last attempt, setting WUHU to write the extended currdat.lst and using the outdoor_relative_pressure_trend variable only inserted the variable name, minus the first "o" for some reason.

        Here is how the tweet came out:

        12:55|Temp 87 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Winds N 5.0 MPH|Pres 30 " and utdoor_relative_pressure_trend" |Hum: 18
      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 28 12:40 PM
          It possibly has something to do with the " quotes.  What is the line you put for wuhutweet?

          Don

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 28 1:05 PM
            WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|24Hr Rain (d=1)%OutdoorRain24IN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters% %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% " and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %"

            Also, that last "%" does not appear in the tweets. Does it need to be escaped or something?

            > It possibly has something to do with the " quotes. What is the line you put
            > for wuhutweet?
            >
            > Don
            >
            > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner"
            > > <scarabdrowner@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Is there a way I can get extended data values into twitter? I already
            > > have wuhutweet up and running with the standard variables, but I would like
            > > to add in pressure trends and such. My last attempt, setting WUHU to write
            > > the extended currdat.lst and using the outdoor_relative_pressure_trend
            > > variable only inserted the variable name, minus the first "o" for some
            > > reason.
            > > >

            > > Here is how the tweet came out:
            > >
            > > 12:55|Temp 87 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Winds N 5.0 MPH|Pres 30 " and
            > > utdoor_relative_pressure_trend" |Hum: 18
            > >

            > --
            > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
            > something that doesn't suck.

          • scarabdrowner
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 28 1:42 PM
              I tried it again, now I'm getting:

              14:18|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind N 4.6 MPH|Pres 30.0 " and utdoor_relative_pressure_trendHum 17

              I took out the trend variable, changed pressure over to hPa to match my console, now it's:

              14:30|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind NNE 5.7 MPH|Pres 1015.6 hPa|Hum 17 "

              Still no % for humidity, but now an extra " has appeared. It's not bumping into twitter's 140 characters, I still have 60-odd characters left to play with.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner" <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

              > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|24Hr Rain (d=1)%OutdoorRain24IN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters% %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% " and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %"
              >
              > Also, that last "%" does not appear in the tweets. Does it need to be escaped or something?
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty <don@> wrote:
              > >
              > > It possibly has something to do with the " quotes. What is the line you put
              > > for wuhutweet?
              > >
              > > Don
              > >
              > > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@>wrote:
              > >
              > > > **
              > > >

              > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner"

              > > > have wuhutweet up and running with the standard variables, but I would like
              > > > to add in pressure trends and such. My last attempt, setting WUHU to write
              > > > the extended currdat.lst and using the outdoor_relative_pressure_trend
              > > > variable only inserted the variable name, minus the first "o" for some
              > > > reason.
              > > > >

              > > > Here is how the tweet came out:
              > > >
              > > > 12:55|Temp 87 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Winds N 5.0 MPH|Pres 30 " and
              > > > utdoor_relative_pressure_trend" |Hum: 18
              > > >

              > > --
              > > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
              > > something that doesn't suck.

            • Don Lafferty
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 28 1:55 PM
                Interesting.  I used your string in mine and it shows the whole variable including the %s.  In other words it showed this:

                and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|

                I don't know why it's not replacing it and I'm also not sure why ours show different things.  Hopefully Heath will chime in here soon and point out what's going on.

                Btw which version of wuhutweet are you running?

                Don

                On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

                I tried it again, now I'm getting:

                14:18|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind N 4.6 MPH|Pres 30.0 " and utdoor_relative_pressure_trendHum 17

                I took out the trend variable, changed pressure over to hPa to match my console, now it's:

                14:30|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind NNE 5.7 MPH|Pres 1015.6 hPa|Hum 17 "

                Still no % for humidity, but now an extra " has appeared. It's not bumping into twitter's 140 characters, I still have 60-odd characters left to play with.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner" <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

                > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|24Hr Rain (d=1)%OutdoorRain24IN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters% %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% " and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %"
                >
                > Also, that last "%" does not appear in the tweets. Does it need to be escaped or something?
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty <don@> wrote:
                > >
                > > It possibly has something to do with the " quotes. What is the line you put
                > > for wuhutweet?
                > >
                > > Don
                > >
                > > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@>wrote:
                > >
                > > > **
                > > >

                > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner"

                > > > have wuhutweet up and running with the standard variables, but I would like
                > > > to add in pressure trends and such. My last attempt, setting WUHU to write
                > > > the extended currdat.lst and using the outdoor_relative_pressure_trend
                > > > variable only inserted the variable name, minus the first "o" for some
                > > > reason.
                > > > >

                > > > Here is how the tweet came out:
                > > >
                > > > 12:55|Temp 87 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Winds N 5.0 MPH|Pres 30 " and
                > > > utdoor_relative_pressure_trend" |Hum: 18
                > > >

                > > --
                > > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
                > > something that doesn't suck.

              • scarabdrowner
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 28 2:14 PM
                  The most recent I could find, 0.32.

                  I did manage to get the humidity % to show. I found in the manual I was supposed to be using %%. The closing quotes still shows, though.

                  15:00|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind N 6.8 MPH|Pres 1015.6 hPa|Hum 16 %"

                  > Interesting. I used your string in mine and it shows the whole variable
                  > including the %s. In other words it showed this:
                  >
                  > and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|
                  >
                  > I don't know why it's not replacing it and I'm also not sure why ours show
                  > different things. Hopefully Heath will chime in here soon and point out
                  > what's going on.
                  >
                  > Btw which version of wuhutweet are you running?
                  >
                  > Don
                  >
                  > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...>wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > I tried it again, now I'm getting:
                  > >
                  > > 14:18|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind N 4.6 MPH|Pres 30.0 " and
                  > > utdoor_relative_pressure_trendHum 17
                  > >
                  > > I took out the trend variable, changed pressure over to hPa to match my
                  > > console, now it's:
                  > >
                  > > 14:30|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind NNE 5.7 MPH|Pres 1015.6 hPa|Hum 17 "
                  > >
                  > > Still no % for humidity, but now an extra " has appeared. It's not bumping
                  > > into twitter's 140 characters, I still have 60-odd characters left to play
                  > > with.
                  > >

                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner"
                  > > <scarabdrowner@> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|24Hr Rain
                  > > (d=1)%OutdoorRain24IN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%
                  > > %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "
                  > > and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %"
                  > > >
                  > > > Also, that last "%" does not appear in the tweets. Does it need to be
                  > > escaped or something?

                  > > put

                  > > already
                  > > would like
                  > > write
                  > > outdoor_relative_pressure_trend
                  > > some

                  > > making
                  > > > >

                  > --
                  > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
                  > something that doesn't suck.

                • Don Lafferty
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 28 2:26 PM
                    Yes 0.32 is the latest.

                    Here's what I get when I use your string.

                    14:23|Temp 86 F|24Hr Rain " 0utdoorRain24INture = 82.8" "|Winds NNW 3.1 MPH|Pres 29.9 " and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: 23 %

                    Seems a bit different and I'm not sure why.

                    Don

                  • Don Lafferty
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 28 2:26 PM
                      Also I'm using version 173 of WUHU.
                      Don

                      On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                      Yes 0.32 is the latest.

                      Here's what I get when I use your string.

                      14:23|Temp 86 F|24Hr Rain " 0utdoorRain24INture = 82.8" "|Winds NNW 3.1 MPH|Pres 29.9 " and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: 23 %

                      Seems a bit different and I'm not sure why.

                      Don

                      On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

                      The most recent I could find, 0.32.

                      I did manage to get the humidity % to show. I found in the manual I was supposed to be using %%. The closing quotes still shows, though.

                      15:00|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind N 6.8 MPH|Pres 1015.6 hPa|Hum 16 %"

                      > Interesting. I used your string in mine and it shows the whole variable
                      > including the %s. In other words it showed this:
                      >
                      > and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|
                      >
                      > I don't know why it's not replacing it and I'm also not sure why ours show
                      > different things. Hopefully Heath will chime in here soon and point out
                      > what's going on.
                      >
                      > Btw which version of wuhutweet are you running?
                      >
                      > Don
                      >
                      > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...>wrote:

                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > I tried it again, now I'm getting:
                      > >
                      > > 14:18|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind N 4.6 MPH|Pres 30.0 " and
                      > > utdoor_relative_pressure_trendHum 17
                      > >
                      > > I took out the trend variable, changed pressure over to hPa to match my
                      > > console, now it's:
                      > >
                      > > 14:30|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind NNE 5.7 MPH|Pres 1015.6 hPa|Hum 17 "
                      > >
                      > > Still no % for humidity, but now an extra " has appeared. It's not bumping
                      > > into twitter's 140 characters, I still have 60-odd characters left to play
                      > > with.
                      > >

                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner"
                      > > <scarabdrowner@> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|24Hr Rain
                      > > (d=1)%OutdoorRain24IN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%
                      > > %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "
                      > > and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %"
                      > > >
                      > > > Also, that last "%" does not appear in the tweets. Does it need to be
                      > > escaped or something?

                      > > put

                      > > already
                      > > would like
                      > > write
                      > > outdoor_relative_pressure_trend
                      > > some

                      > > making
                      > > > >

                      > --
                      > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
                      > something that doesn't suck.

                    • scarabdrowner
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 28 2:29 PM
                        WUHU216_32_B197.zip

                        > Also I'm using version 173 of WUHU.
                        > Don
                        >
                        > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Yes 0.32 is the latest.
                        > >
                        > > Here's what I get when I use your string.
                        > >
                        > > 14:23|Temp 86 F|24Hr Rain " 0utdoorRain24INture = 82.8" "|Winds NNW 3.1
                        > > MPH|Pres 29.9 " and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: 23 %
                        > >
                        > > Seems a bit different and I'm not sure why.
                        > >
                        > > Don
                        > >
                        > > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...>wrote:
                        > >
                        > >> **
                        > >>

                        > >> The most recent I could find, 0.32.
                        > >>
                        > >> I did manage to get the humidity % to show. I found in the manual I was
                        > >> supposed to be using %%. The closing quotes still shows, though.
                        > >>
                        > >> 15:00|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind N 6.8 MPH|Pres 1015.6 hPa|Hum 16 %"

                        > >> show

                        > >> my

                        > >> "

                        > >> bumping
                        > >> play

                        > >> (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "

                        > >> be

                        > >> line you

                        > >> WUHU to
                        > >> for

                        > >> start

                        > >> making
                        > >> >

                        > > --
                        > > making something that doesn't suck.
                        > >

                        > --
                        > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
                        > something that doesn't suck.

                      • Don Lafferty
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 28 2:30 PM
                          Yeah the difference we are seeing is likely due to that.

                          On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...> wrote:

                          WUHU216_32_B197.zip

                          > Also I'm using version 173 of WUHU.
                          > Don
                          >
                          > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Yes 0.32 is the latest.
                          > >
                          > > Here's what I get when I use your string.
                          > >
                          > > 14:23|Temp 86 F|24Hr Rain " 0utdoorRain24INture = 82.8" "|Winds NNW 3.1
                          > > MPH|Pres 29.9 " and %outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%|Hum: 23 %
                          > >
                          > > Seems a bit different and I'm not sure why.
                          > >
                          > > Don
                          > >
                          > > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...>wrote:

                          > >> **
                          > >>

                          > >> The most recent I could find, 0.32.
                          > >>
                          > >> I did manage to get the humidity % to show. I found in the manual I was
                          > >> supposed to be using %%. The closing quotes still shows, though.
                          > >>
                          > >> 15:00|Temp 88 F|24Hr Rain 0 "|Wind N 6.8 MPH|Pres 1015.6 hPa|Hum 16 %"

                          > >> show

                          > >> my

                          > >> "

                          > >> bumping
                          > >> play

                          > >> (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "

                          > >> be

                          > >> line you

                          > >> WUHU to
                          > >> for

                          > >> start

                          > >> making
                          > >> >

                          > > --
                          > > making something that doesn't suck.
                          > >

                          > --
                          > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
                          > something that doesn't suck.

                        • scarabdrowner
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 28 2:32 PM
                            I typed out the wuhutweet line when answering earlier, and forgot the "Hr" in "OutdoorRain24HrIN". That would account for that difference.

                          • Don Lafferty
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 28 2:35 PM
                              So just for curiosity if you use my string in yours let's make sure it works right.

                              WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|Hum (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG%"|24Hr Rain (d=1)%OutdoorRain24HrIN%"|WndSpd (d=0)%OutdoorWindSpeedMPH% MPH|WndDir %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%|WndChll (d=0)%OutdoorWindchillF% F"

                            • scarabdrowner
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 28 2:49 PM
                                15:46|Temp 88 F|Hum 16 Pres 30.0"|24Hr Rain 0"|WndSpd 8 MPH|WndDir N|WndChll 83 F

                                Looks good, except for the humidity "%". It eats the following |.

                                > So just for curiosity if you use my string in yours let's make sure it works
                                > right.
                                >
                                > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|Hum
                                > (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG%"|24Hr Rain
                                > (d=1)%OutdoorRain24HrIN%"|WndSpd (d=0)%OutdoorWindSpeedMPH% MPH|WndDir
                                > %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%|WndChll (d=0)%OutdoorWindchillF% F"
                                >
                                > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...>wrote:
                                >
                                > > **
                                > >

                                > > I typed out the wuhutweet line when answering earlier, and forgot the "Hr"
                                > > in "OutdoorRain24HrIN". That would account for that difference.
                                > >

                                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scarabdrowner"
                                > > <scarabdrowner@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > WUHU216_32_B197.zip

                                > > 3.1

                                > > was

                                > > %"

                                > > variable

                                > > ours
                                > > point out

                                > > match

                                > > hPa|Hum 17

                                > > not
                                > > left to

                                > > Rain
                                > > (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %"

                                > > need to

                                > > <don@>

                                > > the

                                > > <scarabdrowner@

                                > > "scarabdrowner"

                                > > twitter? I
                                > > but I
                                > > setting
                                > > "o"

                                > > and

                                > > they

                                > > start

                                > > making
                                > > > >

                                > --
                                > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
                                > something that doesn't suck.

                              • Don Lafferty
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 28 2:55 PM
                                  That's interesting.  On mine the % is there.  Almost makes me want to update WUHU and see if they then do the same thing.

                                • scarabdrowner
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 4, 2011
                                    Got it!

                                    09:30 • Temp 72F • 0" Rain last 24hrs • Wind SW @ 5.5 MPH • Pres 1018.6 hPa and Steady • Hum 35%

                                    WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM% • Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF%F • (d=1)%OutdoorRain24HrIN%" Rain last 24hrs • Wind %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters% @ %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH • Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeHPA% hPa and %[hourly_rates_of_change]outdoor_relative_pressure_trend% • Hum (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity%%%"

                                    > That's interesting. On mine the % is there. Almost makes me want to update
                                    > WUHU and see if they then do the same thing.
                                    >
                                    > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM, scarabdrowner <scarabdrowner@...>wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > **
                                    > >

                                    > > 15:46|Temp 88 F|Hum 16 Pres 30.0"|24Hr Rain 0"|WndSpd 8 MPH|WndDir
                                    > > N|WndChll 83 F
                                    > >
                                    > > Looks good, except for the humidity "%". It eats the following |.
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty <don@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > So just for curiosity if you use my string in yours let's make sure it
                                    > > works
                                    > > > right.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|Hum
                                    > > > (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG%"|24Hr
                                    > > Rain
                                    > > > (d=1)%OutdoorRain24HrIN%"|WndSpd (d=0)%OutdoorWindSpeedMPH% MPH|WndDir
                                    > > > %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%|WndChll (d=0)%OutdoorWindchillF% F"

                                    > > "Hr"

                                    > > NNW

                                    > > manual I

                                    > > 16

                                    > > why

                                    > > It's
                                    > > characters

                                    > > F|24Hr

                                    > > is

                                    > > variables,
                                    > > first

                                    > > "

                                    > > day

                                    > > they

                                    > > start

                                    > > start
                                    > > > > > >

                                    > > > --
                                    > > > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start
                                    > > making
                                    > > > something that doesn't suck.
                                    > > >

                                    > --
                                    > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
                                    > something that doesn't suck.

                                  • Don Lafferty
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Oct 4, 2011
                                      Excellent!  I just looked at some templates I use for a website and I see that's how it's done.  I should have done that when we were first having this discussion.

                                      Glad you got it figured out.