Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Local Network Sharing?

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 21, 2011
      Um, my ubuntu server detects the changes just with a reg mount...

      //server/share /mnt/windows cifs auto,username=<user>,password=<secret>,rw 0

      You try a mount instead of smb:// ?

      -John

    • scarabdrowner
      Message 2 of 30 , Sep 21, 2011
        Yeah, I have no idea how to do that. I'm not as proficient in linux as I'd like to be.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

        > Um, my ubuntu server detects the changes just with a reg mount...
        >
        > //server/share /mnt/windows cifs auto,username=<user>,password=<secret>,rw 0
        >
        > You try a mount instead of smb:// ?
        >
        > -John
        >
        > On 9/20/2011 7:14 PM, scarabdrowner wrote:
        > > Turns out all I needed was to copy from the network shared folder into a different folder on my linux laptop. I now have a script running every 10 seconds copying it across, and WUHU is happy. Don't even need Dropbox anymore, nor any scripts at all on the Windows box.
        > >
        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty<don@> wrote:
        > >> Great to hear!
        > >>
        > >> Now if Heath is able to add the ability to active poll a file it will add
        > >> another method.
        > >>
        > >> Don

      • John Liss
        Message 3 of 30 , Sep 21, 2011
          https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountWindowsSharesPermanently

          On 9/21/2011 9:49 AM, scarabdrowner wrote:
          > Yeah, I have no idea how to do that. I'm not as proficient in linux as I'd like to be.
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss<john@...> wrote:
          >> Um, my ubuntu server detects the changes just with a reg mount...
          >>
          >> //server/share /mnt/windows cifs auto,username=<user>,password=<secret>,rw 0
          >>
          >> You try a mount instead of smb:// ?
          >>
          >> -John
          >>
          >> On 9/20/2011 7:14 PM, scarabdrowner wrote:
          >>> Turns out all I needed was to copy from the network shared folder into a different folder on my linux laptop. I now have a script running every 10 seconds copying it across, and WUHU is happy. Don't even need Dropbox anymore, nor any scripts at all on the Windows box.

        • scarabdrowner
          Message 4 of 30 , Sep 21, 2011
            Thanks, however it did not work for me. I was able to successfully mount the share, but updates were not pushed across automatically. Even manually refreshing the file did not make WUHU display it. No, my script setup is working good enough for me for now. Thanks anyway.

          • H. Smith
            Message 5 of 30 , Sep 21, 2011
              If the computer that hosts WUHU also creates the share, it will work as it is a local hard drive.

              You cannot however map a drive to a remote computer where the currdat.lst is located.