Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WUHU with wine on Linux

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
      Excellent Dickie!  I run various OS's and have often thought about installing WUHU on one of the Linux boxes.

      Don

      On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:12 AM, - Dickie Bradford - <dbradford@...> wrote:

      Here is a quick write up for installing WUHU on Ubuntu, if you need more exact details / commands let me know

      aptitude update ( or apt-get update)  I like apitude ;-)
      install Wine 1.2  (with apt-get or aptitude)
      install ttf fonts (with apt-get or aptitude)
      download and install WUHU
      run wine configuration ( should be listed in the KDE / Gnome menu)
      unzip WUHU216_32_B192.zip
      chmod 755 Install.exe
      run install.exe from command prompt within desktop
      go thru setup as normal in windows
      click "Finish"
      wuhu will open the setup window, put your settings in

      You should have a system running Wine & WUHU :-)

      Dickie

      On 7/8/2011 12:15 PM, Rob wrote:

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, - Dickie Bradford - <dbradford@...> wrote:

      > I figured I would pass this along to those of you running WUHU under
      > wine on linux boxes.

      I would *love* to be able to get rid of my Windows server, which I use just for running Heavy Weather and WUHU. Is there an FAQ or perhaps a past message thread somewhere about running all that on Linux? I tried it myself once, and got all wrapped around the axle - I'm a moderately competent Linux hacker, but have used Wine very little (except back in my younger days, heh heh).

      Are you running both HW and WUHU under Linux? Any suggestions appreciated!

      /r

      _