Windows 7 64 bit installation problems

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 1:58 AM
      Hi, I recently replaced my old computer with a newer low powered computer running Windows 7 64bit. As I am re-installing everything from scratch I downloaded the WUHU zip WUHU216_32_B194.zip, extracted it and tried to run the installation (nothing else was runnning) but it just hangs after asking permission. I have also tried using administrator settings and then ran the Windows compatibility analysis and it comes back as incompatible. I am unsure what exactly is the issue. Is there a 64 bit version out there for Windows 7? My Oregon WMR968 installed via USB serial without issue so it is only WUHU which won't run. I also have a PogoPlug running Linux as well as a NSLU2 which I have also been playing with but am totally a newbie to linux and I cannot figure out how to set these up for use as my weather server. So, that is another option I was exploring but while trying to get that figured out I decided to retry WUHU but now I cannot run that either. Any help is appreciated although it would be best to use the NSLU2 rather than my desktop if someone would be kind enough to help me with getting that set up correctly.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 2:37 AM
        As far as Windows goes, there are many applications that can cause the installer to hang including Google Chrome. You can try exiting all applications, including those in the tray. If that does not work, you could try booting to safe mode to do the install.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <borschelrh@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I recently replaced my old computer with a newer low powered computer running Windows 7 64bit. As I am re-installing everything from scratch I downloaded the WUHU zip WUHU216_32_B194.zip, extracted it and tried to run the installation (nothing else was runnning) but it just hangs after asking permission. I have also tried using administrator settings and then ran the Windows compatibility analysis and it comes back as incompatible. I am unsure what exactly is the issue. Is there a 64 bit version out there for Windows 7? My Oregon WMR968 installed via USB serial without issue so it is only WUHU which won't run. I also have a PogoPlug running Linux as well as a NSLU2 which I have also been playing with but am totally a newbie to linux and I cannot figure out how to set these up for use as my weather server. So, that is another option I was exploring but while trying to get that figured out I decided to retry WUHU but now I cannot run that either. Any help is appreciated although it would be best to use the NSLU2 rather than my desktop if someone would be kind enough to help me with getting that set up correctly.

      • marlin1792
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9 4:04 PM
          I run Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium and have no problems, using a 2 year old Honeywell TE821W weather station. I do have UAC (User Account Control) turned off which can cause install problems. Other than the UAC causing the problem the only thing I have ever had issues with using windows 7 64 bit are drivers interfering with installs of older applications. Installing in Safe Mode is an option that may work for you. I would turn off UAC and allow all programs to be full administrator without needing the "run as" or "allow" installation. Some anti-virus/security programs causes the install hang issue to.
          I always run the install instead of downloading and installing. Not sure that has any relevence to the issue.

          My program directory for WUHU is: \Program Files (x86)\WUHU