Re: [wuhu_software_group] Wundermap, amazing view of hurricane.

  • Jaye Ellen Burke
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25 3:23 PM
      I sorta think they do --- what you see here and THEN some !!!

      On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

      Using the different layers, you can have an excellent view.

      I wonder if the NWS has such nice tools? ;)

    • KNHBRIST1
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 25 5:02 PM
        Yes, WeatherUnderground has some awesome tools for us to play with.
        I am using many of their tools to keep a close eye on Irene.

        > http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/
        >
        > Using the different layers, you can have an excellent view.
        >
        > I wonder if the NWS has such nice tools? ;)

      • Larry Myers
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26 7:32 AM
          A feature I found neat was the Hurricane Hunter readings....you can see the flight path thos people took through the storm very neat!

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26 8:47 AM
            You ought to see how these aviators party after they get back from a mission ... I was stationed at Keesler (Home of the Hurricane Hunters) and I'm here to tell you, they KNOW how to party !!!

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 26 8:54 AM
              Who can blame them...that is a very stressful job to have, would be neat to take the flight once but not sure I would want to keep doing it.