Wundermap, amazing view of hurricane.

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2011
      http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

      Using the different layers, you can have an excellent view.

      I wonder if the NWS has such nice tools? ;)
    • Jaye Ellen Burke
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 25, 2011
        I sorta think they do --- what you see here and THEN some !!!

        On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

        http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

        Using the different layers, you can have an excellent view.

        I wonder if the NWS has such nice tools? ;)

      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 25, 2011
          Yes, WeatherUnderground has some awesome tools for us to play with.
          I am using many of their tools to keep a close eye on Irene.

          > http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/
          >
          > Using the different layers, you can have an excellent view.
          >
          > I wonder if the NWS has such nice tools? ;)

        • Larry Myers
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26, 2011
            A feature I found neat was the Hurricane Hunter readings....you can see the flight path thos people took through the storm very neat!

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 26, 2011
              You ought to see how these aviators party after they get back from a mission ... I was stationed at Keesler (Home of the Hurricane Hunters) and I'm here to tell you, they KNOW how to party !!!

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 26, 2011
                Who can blame them...that is a very stressful job to have, would be neat to take the flight once but not sure I would want to keep doing it.