5.9 Earthquake in Virginia

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
      Did anyone feel the Earthquake today at about 1:50pm today?

      I was on a 5th floor in a building near Detroit and felt it quite a bit. I thought I was having stroke or something at first. About 30 mins later the news article was posted on news.yahoo.com.
    • Chris Mattingly
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
        I live in the Triad area of NC and the reports vary quite a bit.  My wife and I didn't feel a thing at our house, but my dad who lives about 3 miles away (the way the crow flies) called in a panic right after it happened asking if we felt it.

        My brother-in-law's wife felt it down in Wilmington, NC.  Friends in the RDU (Raleigh) area are reporting having felt it while others didn't feel it.

        Geography is quite interesting in how it carried the seismic activity with this one!

      • jimnbarbie@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
          Not in Owensboro KY
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
        • Jaye Ellen Burke

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
                  Felt it here..! Oh yeah!

                  Rick
                  KOHWAPAK1

                  > Did anyone feel the Earthquake today at about 1:50pm today?
                  >
                  > I was on a 5th floor in a building near Detroit and felt it quite a bit. I thought I was having stroke or something at first. About 30 mins later the news article was posted on news.yahoo.com.

                • Edith
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 25, 2011
                    Felt it in Rockland County, NY, and read a newspaper article saying it was felt even further north in Otsego.
                    Edith