Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WS3600/WS3610

  • stevech@san.rr.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005

      3610 does not transmit serial data on the RS232 TD and RD lines. Instead, they bit-bang data using RTS/CTS/DTR/DCD by some bizzare means. I could not get the 3610 to work via a USB-to-serial dongle nor via my EdgePort 8 port serial-to-USB.

      The designers of the 3610 (LaCrosse's supplier) made a really stupid decision in doing this in this era of disappearing serial ports on PCs.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005

        Handshaking configuration in Windows applies only to the serial COM driver. I doubt that HeavyWeather uses that mode but instead manages its own low level API calls to manipulate the I/O bits so the windows configration settings would be N/A.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
          I believe they are accessing the hardware handshake lines using the
          Win32 API.

          I would guess that most USB serial converters do not properly handle
          the handshaking lines.

          There may or may not be a seperate configuration manager for your
          particular USB converter.

          I suppose I would shop for one that advertizes full hardware
          handshakign support.