Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: best webcam software

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 14, 2011
      I saw a button that said FTP Settings so I suspect it might.

      On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM, KNHBRIST1 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

      I have not tried it yet, but did look around at the screen shots and it does not appear to have FTP upload capability. I did e-mail the author to see if I was missing something or if they planned to add the capability in the future.

      > I installed ContaCam last night to see how well it worked. I believe it's
      > probably the most powerful free camera software I've seen. I couldn't make
      > it work as an internet stream server but I didn't try very long to do it.
      > It did see my camera right off and it would stream to localhost. Not sure
      > why it didn't stream over the network but I think if you have some patience
      > it's a pretty amazing piece of software. But of course so is WUHU.
      >
      > Don
      >
      > On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM, mike smith <carl98762003@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Thanks for all the answers. I've looked at several of these. Sorta liked
      > > yocam. I 'm now looking at another program that does it all. Cost $70 but it
      > > has some things that are tempting me.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Just saw an article reccomending this; I have not checked it out.
      > > > "Take a look at ContaCam. It supports multiple Webcams, surveillance
      > > cameras and network cameras. Plus, it does more than simple recording.
      > > >
      > > > You can set it to start recording when motion is detected. It can stream
      > > live over the Internet. There is an Assistant for easy setup. You can also
      > > edit the settings directly for a lot more control.
      > > >
      > > > Hint: I recommend that you download the version of the program that
      > > includes tutorials. The tutorials will help you get the program running in a
      > > flash!
      > > >
      > > > Cost: Free
      > > > Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7"
      > > >

      > --
      > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
      > something that doesn't suck.

    • Bob Tyszka
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 14, 2011
        On 7/14/11 7:06 AM, Don Lafferty wrote:

        I installed ContaCam last night to see how well it worked.  I believe it's probably the most powerful free camera software I've seen.  I couldn't make it work as an internet stream server but I didn't try very long to do it.  It did see my camera right off and it would stream to localhost.  Not sure why it didn't stream over the network but I think if you have some patience it's a pretty amazing piece of software.  But of course so is WUHU.

        Don
        Thanks, now I don't feel so bad.  I could not get ContraCam or TinCam to upload to WU either.  Back to Yawcam, at least until tomorrow when I can try again, unless someone has some tips or suggestions to make it work.

        Bob T.
      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 15, 2011
          Hmmmm.  I didn't even try to make it upload to WU.  Perhaps I should at least try that.

          Don

          On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...> wrote:

          On 7/14/11 7:06 AM, Don Lafferty wrote:

          I installed ContaCam last night to see how well it worked.  I believe it's probably the most powerful free camera software I've seen.  I couldn't make it work as an internet stream server but I didn't try very long to do it.  It did see my camera right off and it would stream to localhost.  Not sure why it didn't stream over the network but I think if you have some patience it's a pretty amazing piece of software.  But of course so is WUHU.

          Don
          Thanks, now I don't feel so bad.  I could not get ContraCam or TinCam to upload to WU either.  Back to Yawcam, at least until tomorrow when I can try again, unless someone has some tips or suggestions to make it work.

          Bob T.

        • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 15, 2011
            I'm using WorldCam.pl Image Uploader with great success. It's a
            no-frills program and free. From the website:

            "Free program designed to transfer video from a webcam on a website via
            FTP. Allows you to record an image in jpg and bmp. We have the ability
            to add formatted text and the current date and time anywhere.
            Additionally, you can resize the image, invert the colors and saved in
            grayscale."

            I was using WheresJames but it kept freezing every few days during an
            upload. This has never frozen and uses very little resources.

            Get it here: --> http://www.worldcam.pl/programy.html

            Regards,
            Kris
            KNYOTISC2 in the Finger Lakes of NY