Re: WUHU with wine on Linux

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2011
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, - Dickie Bradford - <dbradford@...> wrote:

      > I figured I would pass this along to those of you running WUHU under
      > wine on linux boxes.

      I would *love* to be able to get rid of my Windows server, which I use just for running Heavy Weather and WUHU. Is there an FAQ or perhaps a past message thread somewhere about running all that on Linux? I tried it myself once, and got all wrapped around the axle - I'm a moderately competent Linux hacker, but have used Wine very little (except back in my younger days, heh heh).

      Are you running both HW and WUHU under Linux? Any suggestions appreciated!

      /r
    • - Dickie Bradford -
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8, 2011
        On 7/8/2011 12:15 PM, Rob wrote:

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, - Dickie Bradford - <dbradford@...> wrote:

        > I figured I would pass this along to those of you running WUHU under
        > wine on linux boxes.

        I would *love* to be able to get rid of my Windows server, which I use just for running Heavy Weather and WUHU. Is there an FAQ or perhaps a past message thread somewhere about running all that on Linux? I tried it myself once, and got all wrapped around the axle - I'm a moderately competent Linux hacker, but have used Wine very little (except back in my younger days, heh heh).

        Are you running both HW and WUHU under Linux? Any suggestions appreciated!

        /r

        _
        I just run WUHU, I think I wrote something a while back how to do it (things escape my mind these days :-) ).  Let me look and see what / if I still have the doc.  If not I will write something up, its actually not too hard.

        Dickie

        --
        Dickie Bradford
        Never-Enuff Internet

        The man who sais it cannot be done, should not interupt
        the man who is trying to do it!

      • - Dickie Bradford -
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
          Here is a quick write up for installing WUHU on Ubuntu, if you need more exact details / commands let me know

          aptitude update ( or apt-get update)  I like apitude ;-)
          install Wine 1.2  (with apt-get or aptitude)
          install ttf fonts (with apt-get or aptitude)
          download and install WUHU
          run wine configuration ( should be listed in the KDE / Gnome menu)
          unzip WUHU216_32_B192.zip
          chmod 755 Install.exe
          run install.exe from command prompt within desktop
          go thru setup as normal in windows
          click "Finish"
          wuhu will open the setup window, put your settings in

          You should have a system running Wine & WUHU :-)

          Dickie

          On 7/8/2011 12:15 PM, Rob wrote:

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, - Dickie Bradford - <dbradford@...> wrote:

          > I figured I would pass this along to those of you running WUHU under
          > wine on linux boxes.

          I would *love* to be able to get rid of my Windows server, which I use just for running Heavy Weather and WUHU. Is there an FAQ or perhaps a past message thread somewhere about running all that on Linux? I tried it myself once, and got all wrapped around the axle - I'm a moderately competent Linux hacker, but have used Wine very little (except back in my younger days, heh heh).

          Are you running both HW and WUHU under Linux? Any suggestions appreciated!

          /r

          _

        • Don Lafferty
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
            Excellent Dickie!  I run various OS's and have often thought about installing WUHU on one of the Linux boxes.

            Don