Reading WUHU's history.dat file.

  • streeterdan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6, 2011
      Hello wuhu_software.
      I've been through this a while back and sorry to bring it up again. Getting old and memory fades.
      My ws2810 just died and I brought my old ws2310 back online. I have WUHU doing the uploads to WU, CWOP, etc. with no problem. I'm running direct serial mode from the 2310 and outputting history.dat and currdat.lst files (apparently) o.k.
      My question, what can I use to view and make graphs of the history.dat file? I've read through the manual several times and see HW PRO mentioned and in the WUHU GUI when setting up the history.dat directory location it mentions "for ws-36xx" format .dat file. I've downloaded the HW Pro Beta 2.0 as well as HW Review and the ws-36xx software, all which fail to recognize the history.dat file. They all say 0 data points in the History.dat file although it's quite a bit larger than that.
      The setup is 2310 direct to p.c. serial port with WUHU setup and reading this and uploading successfully. No HW programs running. Windows XP. History.dat and currdat.lst files updating.
      Sorry to "beat a dead horse" again as I'm sure you must get this a lot.

      Dan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6, 2011
        Assuming that this history file was created by WUHU from the start (Setup/General Settings), you can hit the "History" button on the main screen, it will then prompt you for the file. If the file is very large, it may ask you if you want to break up the file. If it does break up the file, a file for each month will be placed in the directory and then you can display each separately.

        If this file was originally create with Heavyweather 2.0, WUHU cannot graph the file as the file formats are different.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "streeterdan" <streeterdan@...> wrote:

        > Hello wuhu_software.
        > I've been through this a while back and sorry to bring it up again. Getting old and memory fades.
        > My ws2810 just died and I brought my old ws2310 back online. I have WUHU doing the uploads to WU, CWOP, etc. with no problem. I'm running direct serial mode from the 2310 and outputting history.dat and currdat.lst files (apparently) o.k.
        > My question, what can I use to view and make graphs of the history.dat file? I've read through the manual several times and see HW PRO mentioned and in the WUHU GUI when setting up the history.dat directory location it mentions "for ws-36xx" format .dat file. I've downloaded the HW Pro Beta 2.0 as well as HW Review and the ws-36xx software, all which fail to recognize the history.dat file. They all say 0 data points in the History.dat file although it's quite a bit larger than that.
        > The setup is 2310 direct to p.c. serial port with WUHU setup and reading this and uploading successfully. No HW programs running. Windows XP. History.dat and currdat.lst files updating.
        > Sorry to "beat a dead horse" again as I'm sure you must get this a lot.
        >
        > Dan

      • streeterdan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 6, 2011
          Thank you. Yes the history is created by WUHU, 2310 direct to WUHU with no other software (HW, etc.) running. This "History" button on the main page you mentioned, am I overlooking something here? I don't see this. An updated WUHU version?
          Regards,

          Dan

          > Assuming that this history file was created by WUHU from the start (Setup/General Settings), you can hit the "History" button on the main screen, it will then prompt you for the file. If the file is very large, it may ask you if you want to break up the file. If it does break up the file, a file for each month will be placed in the directory and then you can display each separately.
          >
          > If this file was originally create with Heavyweather 2.0, WUHU cannot graph the file as the file formats are different.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "streeterdan" <streeterdan@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello wuhu_software.
          > > I've been through this a while back and sorry to bring it up again. Getting old and memory fades.
          > > My ws2810 just died and I brought my old ws2310 back online. I have WUHU doing the uploads to WU, CWOP, etc. with no problem. I'm running direct serial mode from the 2310 and outputting history.dat and currdat.lst files (apparently) o.k.
          > > My question, what can I use to view and make graphs of the history.dat file? I've read through the manual several times and see HW PRO mentioned and in the WUHU GUI when setting up the history.dat directory location it mentions "for ws-36xx" format .dat file. I've downloaded the HW Pro Beta 2.0 as well as HW Review and the ws-36xx software, all which fail to recognize the history.dat file. They all say 0 data points in the History.dat file although it's quite a bit larger than that.
          > > The setup is 2310 direct to p.c. serial port with WUHU setup and reading this and uploading successfully. No HW programs running. Windows XP. History.dat and currdat.lst files updating.
          > > Sorry to "beat a dead horse" again as I'm sure you must get this a lot.
          > >
          > > Dan

        • H. Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 6, 2011

            It could require an updated version of WUHU if you are running an old version.

            There are 4 buttons at the lower right section of the main screen, Show, Export, Graph, History.

            If you do not see these, download the latest version here:

            Thank you. Yes the history is created by WUHU, 2310 direct to WUHU with no other software (HW, etc.) running. This "History" button on the main page you mentioned, am I overlooking something here? I don't see this. An updated WUHU version?
            Regards,

            Dan

            > Assuming that this history file was created by WUHU from the start (Setup/General Settings), you can hit the "History" button on the main screen, it will then prompt you for the file. If the file is very large, it may ask you if you want to break up the file. If it does break up the file, a file for each month will be placed in the directory and then you can display each separately.
            >
            > If this file was originally create with Heavyweather 2.0, WUHU cannot graph the file as the file formats are different.
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "streeterdan" <streeterdan@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello wuhu_software.
            > > I've been through this a while back and sorry to bring it up again. Getting old and memory fades.
            > > My ws2810 just died and I brought my old ws2310 back online. I have WUHU doing the uploads to WU, CWOP, etc. with no problem. I'm running direct serial mode from the 2310 and outputting history.dat and currdat.lst files (apparently) o.k.
            > > My question, what can I use to view and make graphs of the history.dat file? I've read through the manual several times and see HW PRO mentioned and in the WUHU GUI when setting up the history.dat directory location it mentions "for ws-36xx" format .dat file. I've downloaded the HW Pro Beta 2.0 as well as HW Review and the ws-36xx software, all which fail to recognize the history.dat file. They all say 0 data points in the History.dat file although it's quite a bit larger than that.
            > > The setup is 2310 direct to p.c. serial port with WUHU setup and reading this and uploading successfully. No HW programs running. Windows XP. History.dat and currdat.lst files updating.
            > > Sorry to "beat a dead horse" again as I'm sure you must get this a lot.
            > >
            > > Dan

          • streeterdan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 6, 2011
              Thank you, I'll update my WUHU version. Appreciate it.

              Dan

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

              > It could require an updated version of WUHU if you are running an old version.
              > There are 4 buttons at the lower right section of the main screen, Show, Export, Graph, History.
              > If you do not see these, download the latest version here:
              > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

            • streeterdan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 6, 2011
                I just updated to the latest version of WUHU and that went smoothly, started right up and connected with the station right away. I clicked on the new "History" button you mentioned and see the C:\HeavyWeather\History\historyOrig.dat file that I started yesterday. Now when I try to access the file I get an error message stating "This does not appear to be a valid HW Pro history file. Unable to proceed". I created a new history file with this updated WUHU version and named it history7july.dat and get the same results/error. Any ideas?
                Thanks again,

                Dan

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 6, 2011
                  Can you take a screen capture of your Setup/General Settings page?

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "streeterdan" <newddan@...> wrote:

                  > I just updated to the latest version of WUHU and that went smoothly, started right up and connected with the station right away. I clicked on the new "History" button you mentioned and see the C:\HeavyWeather\History\historyOrig.dat file that I started yesterday. Now when I try to access the file I get an error message stating "This does not appear to be a valid HW Pro history file. Unable to proceed". I created a new history file with this updated WUHU version and named it history7july.dat and get the same results/error. Any ideas?
                  > Thanks again,
                  >
                  > Dan
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "streeterdan" <newddan@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thank you, I'll update my WUHU version. Appreciate it.
                  > >
                  > > Dan
                  > >

                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > It could require an updated version of WUHU if you are running an old version.
                  > > > There are 4 buttons at the lower right section of the main screen, Show, Export, Graph, History.
                  > > > If you do not see these, download the latest version here:
                  > > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

                • streeterdan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 6, 2011
                    Not sure if I did that right or not. I used files, add a file, browsed my p.c. for it and attached it. Not familiar with the attaching process used here. I can do an email to you if you don't see it on here.

                    Thanks

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 7, 2011
                      I do not see the attachment, try sending to wuhu_software at yahoo dot com.

                      Thanks.

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "streeterdan" <newddan@...> wrote:

                      > Not sure if I did that right or not. I used files, add a file, browsed my p.c. for it and attached it. Not familiar with the attaching process used here. I can do an email to you if you don't see it on here.
                      >
                      > Thanks

                      > > Can you take a screen capture of your Setup/General Settings page?
                      > >

                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "streeterdan" <newddan@> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > I just updated to the latest version of WUHU and that went smoothly, started right up and connected with the station right away. I clicked on the new "History" button you mentioned and see the C:\HeavyWeather\History\historyOrig.dat file that I started yesterday. Now when I try to access the file I get an error message stating "This does not appear to be a valid HW Pro history file. Unable to proceed". I created a new history file with this updated WUHU version and named it history7july.dat and get the same results/error. Any ideas?
                      > > > Thanks again,
                      > > >
                      > > > Dan

                    • streeterdan
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 7, 2011
                        I believe it's at the bottom of the "Files" page called "SetupGeneralSettings.jpg" but sent you an email to be sure. Thank you.

                        Dan