Re: Wrong rain total WS2350

  • pierre.casal
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2011
      Hi !
      I'm very interested by your answer and would like to be wrong but I apologize, WUHU writes un-tweaked values in my history.dat file, I can show you if I can post some pictures:-)

      Can you help ?
      Pierre

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6, 2011
        Ok, please post your data.

        I am pretty sure that the tweaked values are written to the history.dat with the exception of rain total that is not tweaked. If you are referring to Graphweather that may be using the rain total and performing it's own calculations, that is a different matter. If it uses rain total, then you will have a problem.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 6, 2011

          After looking at the code, I see why you are having an issue with Graph Weather. The only thing that is written to the file is the "new" incremental value that represents the change in rain total between the history records (actually useless if you ask me) and the rain fall total from the console (not tweaked).

          In order to correct this problem with transferring the data to graph weather, I created a new INI file option.

          Please read the "Notes" below.

          ---

          142) Added a new optional INI setting that will enable the writing of the tweaked rainfall total (and in turn the "new" rainfall value) in the history.dat records. This only applies the rainfall tweak when you have specified a multiplier other than 1.0000 for the rainfall in the tweak screen.

          In the General Settings section of the INI file, add the following:

          [General Settings]
          Write Tweaked Rainfall Data to Historydat=1
          Notes:

          1) If you are writing the tweaked value to the history data, there is no record of the actual console rain total (console rain total) in the history.dat.

          2) I would recommend that if you use this new option that you create a new history.dat file. Otherwise, the "new rainfall" value in the history.dat records will not be correct until your tweaked rainfall total exceeds previously recorded rain totals found in the file.  To be safe, start a new history.dat!

          ---

          Software Download:

          ---

          > Ok, please post your data.
          >
          > I am pretty sure that the tweaked values are written to the history.dat with the exception of rain total that is not tweaked. If you are referring to Graphweather that may be using the rain total and performing it's own calculations, that is a different matter. If it uses rain total, then you will have a problem.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" pcasal@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi !
          > > I'm very interested by your answer and would like to be wrong but I apologize, WUHU writes un-tweaked values in my history.dat file, I can show you if I can post some pictures:-)
          > >
          > > Can you help ?
          > > Pierre

          > > > I attempted to respond earlier today but I see that there must be something wrong with Yahoo groups. It will probably post eventually...
          > > >
          > > > The tweaked rain values (1Hr, 24r, Daily), with the exception of rainfall total, should be written to the history.dat file.

        • Lukas Kruse
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 6, 2011

            Can anyone send me the url to get the WUHU Software I can't seam to find it.... Thanks

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 6, 2011
              http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

              For future reference, there is a link in the Yahoo Groups description page titled "Click here to download Software: Software Download Page".

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Lukas Kruse <arkcowboy32@...> wrote:

              > Can anyone send me the url to get the WUHU Software I can't seam to find it....
              > Thanks

            • pierre.casal
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 7, 2011
                Hello,
                I have had some problems to export my history.dat to a .txt file.
                But you worked while I was sleeping (France) .... and as I can see now in your post, you have certainly resolved my problem.
                I agree completely with you and will follow your advices.

                Thanks again for your software, I use it every day.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 7, 2011
                  Let me know if you have any issues with the new INI settings.

                  Thanks.

                • pierre.casal
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 9, 2011
                    Hello,
                    I've only one problem, WUHU is constantly writing 140.xx or 141.xx millimeters for relative rainfall in my history.dat, for information my coefficient is 0.3875. So I went back to version B188.
                    Another potential problem is the tweaked rainfall wich is taking into account the complete rainfall instead only one part.
                    Thanks for your help.