Missing data in WUHU

  • Anonymous user
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 8 KB

    ----- Välitetty viesti -----
    Lähettäjä: Anonymous user <pelot@...>
    Vastaanottaja: "wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com" <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
    Lähetetty: sunnuntai 19.kesäkuuta 2011 18.03
    Aihe: Missing data in WUHU

    Hi all,
    pls help me with this problem.
    I have a LaCrosse 23xx station and I'm using Wuhu sw for downloading data to WU, now some days data is missing...WUHU is not updating (getting) these old data to WU, but
    I have these data available  (data imported with Heavy Weather sw) in text format.
    How to get these old data to WU?

    These missed data on attachment (lukema.txt)

    br,
    Pekka, Finland

    Message 2 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
      To upload data from your console's logger, you must run in Direct Serial Mode (and do Not run Heavyweather). When you use HW, no console logger data is available to WUHU.

      If your date/clock on the console closely matches the PC date/clock, the logger data will be uploaded automatically.

> [...]
    • Anonymous user
      Message 3 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
        Hi,
        its not getting data from console even "hours of weather data in memory " is set to 120 (5days). Console time was one day wrong (reason for that its unclear), and its not getting data before that fixed (correct) time . So, days 13 to 16 are missed.
        Any good ideas, if I try to set wrong day to console or reistall WUHU...maybe it takes 120 hour values.

        br,
        Pekka

        Lähetetty: sunnuntai 19.kesäkuuta 2011 18.28
        Aihe: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Missing data in WUHU

        Message 4 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
          To have the PC set the console clock with a WS-23XX in direct serial mode:

          1) Exit WUHU.
          2) Edit WUHU Configuration.ini file with notepad.
          3) In the [General Settings] section, add the following:

          WS23XX Sync Console Clock=1

          4) Save ini file, exit Notepad, start WUHU.

          When WUHU starts it will check the console clock time. If the console clock time is off by more than a minute, the PC will set the console's clock to match the PC.

          This will automatically set the correct internal time on the console.

          Note that for the U.S., the daylight saving time rules have changed since the console was manufactured. The console's internal clock may be correct but it may not match the PC time that uses the new rules. When using this setting, just ignore the console clock.

          Message 5 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
            One other thing you can check in the INI file.

            Make sure that this line exists in the [General Settings] section:

            WS23XX Enable History Retrieval=1

            That enables the software to read from the console logger. Again, this only applies to direct serial mode.

          • pelot@ovi.com
            Message 6 of 10 , Jun 20, 2011
              Hi,
              I modified .INI file
              WS23XX Sync Console Clock=1 was missing, so now clock should be ok all the time.
              This:
              WS23XX Enable History Retrieval=1 was ok.

              One thing:
              is there any sw made for downloading HeavyWeather generated .txt.file to WU?
              As I see some data is missing from WUHU, but I can see these data in HeavyWeather .txt file, I'd like to download these to WU
              Message 7 of 10 , Jun 20, 2011
                I am not familiar with the HeavyWeather .txt file, how was this generated?

                If I had to guess, I would doubt that there is any sort of generic history uploader but one could be constructed.

                Message 8 of 10 , Jun 21, 2011
                in HeavyWeather sw you can save history data (actually my station is doing automatically every hour,if I'm not using WUHU), but you can download that file for .txt format.(button: Show history). pls. check attachment : Chapter 7.5.2.
                Why I'm asking this downloading possibilities this .txt file to WU is that I have missed some data. (lukemat.txt attachment). Even there are not all weather information, but at least temperature, rain, wind etc...

                Lähetetty: maanantai 20.kesäkuuta 2011 23.31
                Aihe: Vs: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Missing data in WUHU

                Message 9 of 10 , Jun 21, 2011
                  I see what you are saying now. I do not see any easy way to upload that data. I would not worry about a few lost days of weather data.

                  Message 10 of 10 , Jun 21, 2011
                    you are right , just some days :)

                    Lähetetty: tiistai 21.kesäkuuta 2011 12.57