Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: How long does it take to come back on line?

  • Jaye Ellen Burke
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2011
      Hi Don,

      Thank you for the clarification --- my tiny pea brain will probably continue to confuse the two and I MUST learn to control my insane attempts to help ---

      Humble Apologies to any and all I might have offended.

      Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

      On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

      Jaye Ellen,

      I've noticed you confusing WU (Weather Underground) and WUHU (Weather Underground Heavyweather Uploader) before and want to help you (and anyone else who's confused) understand the difference.

      WU is a web site that gathers weather data from all over the world and allows people to view that data.  It also allows people with Personal Weather Stations to upload their data and stores it for them.

      WUHU is a program written by Heath (wuhu_software) that provides one of many ways for people to upload their data to Weather Underground.

      WU is not run by WUHU and WUHU was not written by the folks at WU.  They are separate entities and do not do the same things.  WU is a website.  WUHU is one piece of software that helps people to upload data to WU.  There are many other programs that people could use to upload to WU but I personally think WUHU is the best of all I've tried.

      Hope this clears up some confusion.

      Don

      On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Jaye Ellen Burke <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

      I have also experienced a similar 'dropout' and it was explained to me that the WUHU Quality Program needed to re-evaluate my accuracy before resuming data collection --- mind you, I have no idea of your actual situation, but thought I'd toss my 2 cents in ... no idea why your password got lost either ...

      Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

      On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM, shutterspeed1000 <awnings@...> wrote:

      It has started working. For some reason I had to reset my password?