Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Wind Rose

  • John and Julie Festerling
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2011
      ok, so I just looked at it.  It shows 1.6 in all 4 quadrants.  Some are negative.They are about in the middle of the arms from the center.  At the top it says Wind Rose last 10 minutes.

      I will have to check if I have the most recent download.  Is there a number somewhere to check which version I have downloaded?

      John
      Home Office of the Festerlings

      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2011
        There is an about box on the main screen, click the tiny like box at the upper left of screen. Since I just updated the software today, you probably do not have the latest version unless you updated after about 3pm today.

        The scale will change based upon the highest wind speed. Currently, 1.6 mph was probably your highest wind speed reading over the past 10 minutes.

        The wind rose is not like the Cartesian coordinate system with negative quadrants, the distance from the label to the center represents it's magnitude. If you follow the dotted circular lines back to the scale you can see what the wind speed is.

        So the wind rose is nice for being able to see a visual representation of the wind direction and speed readings over a period of the past 10 minutes.