Re: wuhu data signal

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2011

      HW does not support the transmission of the wind gust data via the currdat.lst file. The exact details of the wind speed data that is does provide is not known and probably includes some averaging.

      The solution for minimizing data loss (as much as is currently possible) is to run WUHU in direct serial mode and not use HW. Even with a 5-7 second update interval supported in this mode, the console does not retain a Wind Gust measurement, only the current wind speed at the time that the information is delivered to WUHU.

      If you want a very accurate real-time wind sensor, I would recommend purchasing a Inspeed Vortex  sensor for about $75. These can be used with any station type. This will require a cable from a serial port all the way to the sensor.

      I also recommend using an inline serial surge suppressor for any cables connect to the serial ports, including the remote thermo sensor if you are running with the hard-wired mode. This is especially true for areas prone to lightning.