first post - solved a disconnect problem with WS2315

  • mstevendickerson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 2:29 PM
      Hi all - my first post. I had a long standing (months) problem where sometimes during the day, my ws2315 would disconnect and the publishing software would send to my web site blank data.

      I have solved a problem I have been having with my WS2315 and HeavyWeather 2.0 beta software (which is now about 5 years old...). After a short period of connection time, the heavyweather software would disconnect and only a reboot of the Pc would make it reconnect. I tried upgrading my serial to usb adaptor software driver, seeing if there was a heavyweather software upgrade (ha ha ha), and actually writing my own reader for the weather station. Ends up that I played with the com port which was assigned to the weather station (com2 in my case) and set the "Transmit Complete timing advance" to faster from default. This seemed to fix the problem. I do not know why this may have changed, but when I changed that setting, the heavyweather 2.0 beta was able to maintain a connection. Only windows updates have been applied to this particular PC over the last couple years, but of course there have been many other devices attached to it. Only the weather station used the serial to usb connector though.

      Just some info for those that may run into the same or similar issue.

      steve d
      www.pinkyjaq.com for a view of our current weather.